Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is straightened hair the same as naturally straight hair?
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
is straightened hair the same as naturally straight hair?
Have coiled kinky hair myself and have been considering straightening my hair as some other members of this forum have considered too. While Im serious about my own hair care, I want to see how straightening my hair can take me in terms of hairstyles.
I went through the thread on best hair straighteners and made up my mind and bought the CHI one as some other guys in the forum have good feedback from it. My question would be whether I should continue with my custom hair care for my curly hair or if I should change now to hair care geared for straight hair?
Thanks all Smile

Thread on the straighteners http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...er-for-men

CHI hair straightener http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009V1...ag=atft-20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2013, 03:13 AM
RE: is straightened hair the same as naturally straight hair?
Dude, I have the same? question but Im wondering about texturizers, if texturized hair is the same as natural straight hair
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Straightened curly hair is not the same as naturally straight hair. The cross section of the shaft in curly hair is oval or flat so when you straightened curly hair you end up with hair that may be straight but still has the cross section of curly hair. Straight hair has a round cross section, and the flatter the cross section of the hair shaft the more fragile the hair is.

What this all means is that you should continue with your curly hair care even when your hair is straight. I would even advice to condition the hair even more than usual.

Have a look at this thread to see how the shape of the shaft for each hair type looks.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-28-2013, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 12:39 AM by Lordius.)
The op's question was actually very interesting as I never stopped to think about the difference Big Grin Id have thought both naturally straight hair and straightened hair would be the same. The more you know, huh folks? Smile
05-28-2013, 02:06 AM
(05-28-2013 12:39 AM)Lordius Wrote:  The op's question was actually very interesting as I never stopped to think about the difference Big Grin Id have thought both naturally straight hair and straightened hair would be the same. The more you know, huh folks? Smile

That's what this online community and forum is for: debunking all hair care myths and misinformation so widespread with men's hair care Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I don't think styling works the same way as naturally, But not sure as with girls, it can look totally natural even when they have straightened.
09-13-2014, 01:03 PM
No it's not! obvious! Tongue
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 275 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair falling out while growing long hair with seborrhoeic dermatitis? AwesomeHair 1 166 09-11-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 386 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 386 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok