Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey
04-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Wink hey
whats up guys, my name is eddie and I'm 17 years old. I joined this forum cause I really don't talk about hair with people and need some help finding the look I like and being consistent with it. I have thick wavy black hair and have been styling it into a quiff/ undercut. I really need help with getting my hair to be more manageable after washing. I end up not washing for 3-4 days, because the hair feels better at that time and looks better too. I use Hairbond Moulder, By Vilain Silverfox and got2b inPLAY paste.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: hey
Welcome! Smile

I have actually replied to a question you mentioned for the brush up hairstyle of Zayn Malik in the 2013 mens hairstyles thread. However, now that you have mentioned what wax and styling products you're using, it makes more sense why you're currently not getting a good shaping effect for your hairstyle with the current products you are using.

The Hairbond Moulder product is made with Dragon's Blood, which is a resin ingredients that is not a good good for thick hair. You should instead be avoiding heavy-residue and resin-type styling products and instead be focusing on lighter styling waxes and even hair mousse.

We had another forum member who was also having issues with the Hairbond Moulder because he had thick hair. Another forum member who is a barber (Bradley) pointed out pretty much what I have just mentioned to you, that the ingredient used in Hairbond Moulder is counterproductive to styling thick hair (i.e. dense hair). You can even go to the Hairbond Moulder Amazon product page found HERE and read the reviews to also find the same issue occurring with fellow thick haired men.

As I mentioned to you in the other thread where you mentioned you issues shaping and styling your thick hair, the best hair product you can use in terms of hair wax is this wax from TIGI. Likewise, if you hair is wavy, you can also use this hair mousse which goes great for styling volume hairstyles like the brush up hairstyle. Even if you have straight hair, you may want to have both the hair wax and the hair mousse so that you can have a wider range of textures to choose from when styling your mane Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-18-2014, 03:28 PM
For the wavy hair, is it bad to use a straightener?

I have been using moulder for a little while now and have seen the pros and cons of it. I was surprised to hear that its bad for thick hair because i felt like it was the only thing i could use.
04-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Hello great to meet you on here. See you around.
04-18-2014, 07:32 PM
(04-18-2014 03:28 PM)Casheddie Wrote:  For the wavy hair, is it bad to use a straightener?

I have been using moulder for a little while now and have seen the pros and cons of it. I was surprised to hear that its bad for thick hair because i felt like it was the only thing i could use.

A hair straightener is fine for wavy hair. Just make sure to use a good hair straightener that has good heat control & to also use a heat tamer or heat protectant. If you go to our discussion on recommended mens hair products you will the straightener & heat protectant we recommend, in the case that you don't have any of these 2 products.
I agree with TMHF go for TIGI wax for your hair condition.
04-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Is it strange that I can't search for topics? I've been looking for tips on straightening and cant use the search button, it leads me to a page that says i don't have permission. help?
04-21-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 06:45 AM by Bradley.)
Yea i actually talked about this in another thread to another Uk member. Hairbond moulder is not the product you should be using if you have dense or thick hair. Go with what Themenshairforum mentioned in his reply to you as either the wax or styling mousse he recommended will work beautifully with your hair thickness characteristics from my experience.

(04-18-2014 10:42 PM)Casheddie Wrote:  Is it strange that I can't search for topics? I've been looking for tips on straightening and cant use the search button, it leads me to a page that says i don't have permission. help?

You need over 11 posts. You must have made this post before you hit 11 posts Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------