Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair accessories for growing afro
04-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Question hair accessories for growing afro
Yo guys i was wondering what kinda hair accessories do you recommend for black men growing their afro?? my afro is getting to puffy man and still under this 'awkward' stage of growing so needa tame it soon lol hey thankz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: hair accessories for growing afro
Toulalan, I replied to a similar questions of yours in another thread, but here is my answer anyway concerning your issue of using hair accessories for your Afro as you grow it through the awkward phase.

A do-rag, hair elastics, headbands and an afro pick. In fact these hair accessories are equally useful for men with other curl types like wavy and coiled curly.

For the do-rag I recommend this particular do-rag as it is tight fitting but also smooth on the hair. Simply wear it whenever you don't want to be wearing out your growing Afro and would rather have the Afro neatly set and protected (by the dorag).

For the hair elastics to tie your hair and protect it, I recommend this set of 36 hair elastics (they're metal free too so they won't damage your Afro).

For the headbands, I recommend this set of headbands that will allow you to pull the hair back for a more aesthetic hairstyle while growing your Afro or curly hair (since all curly hair types puff out and up! Big Grin).

For the Afro pick, I recommend this smooth Afro pick that will be very gentle on your kinks and that will allow you to detangle your hair and keep it smooth. The Afro pick in the link will also help with retouching your Afro and either shaping it further or giving it more volume.

The above hair accessories will be very relevant and useful for your hair growing journey. Most of them are a bit of a pain to find actual stores and retailers so just buy them from Amazon as per the recommended links I have posted for each accessory. You'll get the accessories in a couple of days and you can start taming the awkward stage straightaway Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Product needed for growing wavy hair streaks of wavy 0 354 04-17-2016 11:21 AM
Last Post: streaks of wavy
  Hair accessories for men with medium length hair? No long hair US Asian 1 1,249 04-05-2015 09:35 AM
Last Post: Bradley