Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gel or styling gum
07-18-2014, 08:06 AM
gel or styling gum
I went to cut my hair and keep it nice, (im still growing it) and they didnt use a hair gel, but something entirely different. They used a gum styling product, Ive researched a bit and it mostly used for messy hair looks for medium or medium long hair. The messy hairlook (not the football player) sounds awesome, but I wonder does it work good on hair thats 5-7 inches.
Or is Biosilk by Biosilk Glazing Gel Light Hold for Unisex the best option either way. I could buy the gum styling from the hairdresser but they charge it 28 euros and the gel costs at amazon 10 euros, a big difference.

To make it short, gum of 10 euros or Biosilk by Biosilk Glazing Gel Light Hold for Unisex for 10 euros.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: gel or styling gum
If your hair is between 5 to 7 inches, then you want to be careful with tousling (i.e. making messy) your hair. Having said that, you state in your profile that you have straight hair so you should be ok.

Styling gum is indeed a great styling product for creating texture and shaping hair. A messy style needs to be shaped in that you will use your fingers to recreate the messy shape, it isn't just something that you shake and go. Without a doubt, if your intention is having a hairstyle like the ones I am posting below, I would go with a styling gum over hair gel.

[Image: 98f5d843d64b4265a3d9b51b1b903e2e.jpg]

[Image: zac-efron-fourth-of-july-vanessa-hudgens-15.jpg]

[Image: 8ed8c7eef696b2e32a2e4705d42a9864.jpg]

[Image: E7lxpXv.jpg]

Don't get your hair products from hair salons or from your hairdresser. The prices offered at hair salons is going to be substantially higher than the prices found at online stores, especially when compared to huge online retailers like Amazon. In fact, in this forum we highly recommend to buy from Amazon because it is, by far, the best online store to buy mens hair products, and the prices are the lowest you will find. Add the fact that Amazon's customer service is the best out of all online retailers and that they will ensure your order gets to you in time, and Amazon becomes the best solution for your hair product needs.

With regards to the hairstyling gum to buy, I would recommend you to go with this styling gum. That vendor in the link is from USA, so, if you're in Europe, you can also get the same styling gum from this UK vendor. With regards to hair gel, specially the Biosilk you mention (in this link), I would leave that one as more of a loose style that requires no shaping. For example, to have your hair hanging down (since it is close to a long length already), you could certainly use the Biosilk hair gel as a casual hairstyling product! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Yea agreed with TMHF. Your want the styling gun for short hair and the hair gel for long hair. IME any hair product that is based like a wax is best for short hair. It gets too clunky for anything over four inches of hair which is about the medium length if you have seen the hair length guide.

Shorter than medium hair go with styling gum or styling wax.
07-31-2014, 12:49 PM
sorry for the late reply, have been diying because of the ramadan. Ive checked my hair again and since its longer now, i can now see its wavy/curly. so no gum for me, but ive bought the moroccan oil which the manlycurls mentioned and am now experimenting how much to use and if i can still move my hair a bit after 12 hours. got very thick hair, even my hairdresser says she hasnt seen anyone with hair as thick as mine. Dunno its a compliment or not.
07-31-2014, 12:50 PM
and this topic is actually done
07-31-2014, 01:15 PM
that is a compliment! thick hair = manly hair to women. Not kidding women love thick hair but only if it also looks healthy. I have never used gum but i did use hair clay from hanz de fuko and it was a mess. I posted sum minutes in another reply my experience with their clay. So hair clay is like hair styling gum?
12-18-2014, 05:59 AM
i dont know if it is, my hairdresser used hair styling gum and it didnt work at all, went home and i look crazy already. But im not listening to them anymore, just experimenting myself.
01-05-2015, 10:46 PM
I use styling gum for the messy look like gatsby products
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,957 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 257 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 40,080 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover
  Volumizing hair mousse or product for styling thin hair? 92GTA 2 541 06-15-2016 08:12 PM
Last Post: 92GTA