Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dyeing tapered hair
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 02:08 PM by SAMCRO.)
dyeing tapered hair
I'm considering to dye my hair, but I had a haircut recently. The sides are pretty short, like a #2 and #3 guard. Is it bad to dye the sides since it is that short. Will it dame my skin because of it being that short? The top of my hair is pretty long though, so no problem there.

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: dyeing tapered hair
Hey buddy! Happy that with this forum you're getting creative with your hair :-)

It really depends how you will be dying your hair, what product are you going to use? bleaching the hair?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-11-2013, 07:16 AM
(10-10-2013 08:22 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hey buddy! Happy that with this forum you're getting creative with your hair :-)

It really depends how you will be dying your hair, what product are you going to use? bleaching the hair?

I want to try out a brown color. No bleaching. Smile
10-11-2013, 02:11 PM
(10-11-2013 07:16 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 08:22 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hey buddy! Happy that with this forum you're getting creative with your hair :-)

Then no, it won't damage your skin, it's the bleaching stuff that can damage the skin, well more like irritate it unless you're stupid enough to plaster the scalp with the stuff LOL (I know one person who did it!)

But correct me please, isn't your hair already brunette/dark brown already?? What you can do instead is get some bangs colored lightly like Cristiano Ronaldo used to do when he was young. You seem like a young guy so doing that would look pretty cool although the bangs usually require bleaching.

You doing the coloring yourself or with a hairstylist? Also, wait for Barber's approval on this, he doesn't like hairstylists and usually gives blunt advice Big Grin But yeah let know if you're doing this yourself or a hairstylist.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-12-2013, 04:09 AM
(10-11-2013 02:11 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 07:16 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  

Then no, it won't damage your skin, it's the bleaching stuff that can damage the skin, well more like irritate it unless you're stupid enough to plaster the scalp with the stuff LOL (I know one person who did it!)

But correct me please, isn't your hair already brunette/dark brown already?? What you can do instead is get some bangs colored lightly like Cristiano Ronaldo used to do when he was young. You seem like a young guy so doing that would look pretty cool although the bangs usually require bleaching.

You doing the coloring yourself or with a hairstylist? Also, wait for Barber's approval on this, he doesn't like hairstylists and usually gives blunt advice Big Grin But yeah let know if you're doing this yourself or a hairstylist.

My hair is actually dark blond, when I put product in my hair it seems brown indeed. I was thinking about letting my mom do it for me, since she does her own hair from time to time
10-13-2013, 06:46 AM
I want it to be close to black, like really dark brown. Check the pic below. I am planning on styling my hair like the guy on the pic below eventually aswell.

So if I go out and choose a color, what should I choose, like what does it say on the box. Dark brown?

[Image: 16a60c1.jpg]
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Hello EmreYOrhan,

Since you're blond, then, yes, go for dark brown. Usually, with hair dyes, the manufacturer has a grid with the different tones for a specific colour; the same way Toppik offers a tone comparison too (Toppik is used for greying hair though and the effect is short lived). I just saw the Undercut haircut you got with the help of the guys here; that was a good choice.

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
10-19-2013, 03:59 AM
(10-18-2013 05:48 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  Hello EmreYOrhan,

Since you're blond, then, yes, go for dark brown. Usually, with hair dyes, the manufacturer has a grid with the different tones for a specific colour; the same way Toppik offers a tone comparison too (Toppik is used for greying hair though and the effect is short lived). I just saw the Undercut haircut you got with the help of the guys here; that was a good choice.

Best

Thanks for the reply!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Home hair dyeing tips for men ElenaTheBarber 1 1,271 12-10-2014 03:08 PM
Last Post: Sunset