Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
braids help the curly hair to hang down??
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Question braids help the curly hair to hang down??
another one of my cousins wants to get braids in hopes his super curly hair hangs down. His curly hair is type iv which is kinky in our forum hair type categories.
His hair is six inches long, his curls dont show a hint hanging down tho. I think i remember Rogelio somewhere saying that braid shell but if any1 can confirm this pls? he wants to go this weekend to get the braids done
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: braids help the curly hair to hang down??
Yes braids help the curly hair hang down as they add weight. Using braids is the best way for men with very curly hair (say a kinky hair type) be able to get their hair hanging down at medium lengths, definitively go for it Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
ive had a couple of friends with kinky hair get their curly hair hanging down 2 when it used to puff big time.
08-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Robert did your cousin get his curly hair braided in the end and did it help to make the curly hair hang to some extent?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-20-2013, 08:27 PM
YES! it worked great, very jealous here lol he almost made his mind up for cornrows but i convinced him for braids, hes v.happy i convinced him cos hes loving the hair dangling lol
08-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Awesome Robert! Just don't forget to tell your cousin that braids can lead to hair loss if you pull them tight like in a ponytail. Tell him to go easy with the braids Smile

08-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Oh I have been considering getting braids for such a looooong time Big Grin do you think braids can work for hair that isn't curly kinky?
09-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Alex of course braids can work with straight hair or slightly curly wavy hair, properly done waves will even protect the hair! So do give them a try if you fancy it Smile

09-18-2013, 08:41 PM
let us know how it works out!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 331 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 295 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,132 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 277 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203