Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair?
05-20-2015, 02:51 AM
best shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair?
Can anyone recommend some good shampoos and conditioner for thin hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 06:19 AM
Check out our recommended shampoo and conditioner bundle for thinning hair.
The shampoo and conditioner combo for thinning hair certainly provides a strong oomph, so that's one way to go about your thinning hair.

Since you're looking for such shampoo and conditioner, check THIS combo out which we have people in the forum using it and is a product bundle with a great shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair. The product bundle in this linked combo contains a hair thickening shampoo and hair thickening conditioner. They're both big bottles at 33 ounces (or one liter), so both products will last you a very long time. The price reflects the fact that you're getting 2 high-quality products at very-big sizes, hence it's a great product purchase since it's quality-to-price ratio as well as size-to-price ratio are pretty good! Smile

Not only do the shampoo and conditioner in the linked combo above thicken your hair but they also contain tea tee oil, which is a type of oil that helps with dandruff and that has some research backing it to help out with thinning hair. Tea tree oil is anti fungal, hence it works to remove the dandruff fungus, and it is also believed to thicken hair within what's genetically possible.

Lastly, the dandruff fungus is believed to have a part in male pattern baldness (i.e. hair loss and hair thinning) as the dandruff fungus irritates the scalp, creating local scalp inflammation which then aggravates the hair thinning and hair loss that's occurring on the scalp. Thus, anti dandruff shampoos like the recommended ones above in the link are used by men suffering from male hair loss and thinning as part of their product arsenal to tame, stop and regrow (or thicken) their hair.

If the linked combo above is a bit step for your budget, then you can get the shampoo or conditioner alone. Overall, both products provide excellent hair-thinning fighting properties, but you will still get good results from using just one of the 2 products.

As an example of buying either the shampoo or the conditioner, have a look at THIS conditioner here which is the same conditioner from the linked combo above. The price is lower, but bear in mind that it's a single product and that the conditioner itself is only 10 ounces (about 300 milliliters), when the conditioner (and the shampoo too) in the recommended combo above are both 30 ounces, so you would still get an excellent bang for your buck by buying the combo pack above.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: best shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair?
To the moderator above who recommended the thickening shampoo and conditioner... is it possible to use the thickening shampoo and conditioner for men who are balding? I have a friend who is losing his hair and he is in his late twenties. His birthday is coming up soon and as cheesy as the product bundle would be for a birthday gift, I think I will get it for him alongside some other gifts unrelated to his hair. But I'm interested in this gift idea if the shampoo and conditioner will also work for plain hardcore hair loss and not just for thinning hair.

I would expect the shampoo and conditioner to provide some benefits to balding guys since it provides so many benefits to guys with thinning hair. I remember reading somewhere -- possibly this forum -- about the link between dandruff and hair loss so a shampoo like this would be perfect for him if it can indeed help his hair loss to any extent. I'm not expecting miracles although I used to expect them prior to getting and reading the hair book, so I'm counting on the shampoo and conditioner being more like helpers together with Rogaine and possibly that other prescription hair loss medication -- I can't remember the name though but I may open a new thread about it as I read it could have some side effects.

Before anyone thinks it's for me, this friend of mine is my best buddy and we've known each other since we were kids. It really saddens me to see him all depressed about his balding since he had really thick long hair until two years ago when he suddenly started losing his hair by the handful. The dude is like a brother to me so I guess some of you can relate to what it's like to see a loved one lose his happiness over something as superficial as hair.

I don't want to throw this thread off topic, so yeah, I would appreciate if you can tell us if the thickening shampoo and conditioner will provide any marginal benefits for guys losing their hair.
05-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Hair thickening shampoos and conditioners bring plenty of benefits to balding men!
Quote:Is it possible to use the thickening shampoo and conditioner for men who are balding?

Absolutely! The balding process (i.e. male pattern baldness) includes the thinning of the hair strands as the follicles slowly lose their ability to produce high-quality, thick hair strands. Thus, the hair thickening shampoo and the hair thickening conditioner (that I've recommended above in my previous post) are 2 products that will bring benefits to balding men via the following:
  • The actual hair thickening effect will regain some of the lost hair thickness. Hair thinning when balding can be devastating as it compounds the aesthetic issue of hair loss. Thus, the hair thickening shampoo and conditioner work together to add more thickness to the hair strands and actually give more volume to the hair, on par with how voluminous one's hair was prior to balding.
  • In the case of the recommended shampoo and conditioner, they both contain tea tree oil, which is a very-useful oil in the treatment of dandruff. You do not need to be shedding heavily to notice that you have dandruff, and sometimes it may go unnoticed. Bear in mind that dandruff affects over 50% of men worldwide, and, the same scalp fungus that causes dandruff does also irritate the scalp and cause inflammation.

When losing your hair via male pattern baldness, having local scalp inflammation is simply something that you should actively try to avoid as scalp inflammation (caused by the dandruff fungus) is believed to augment the follicle response to DHT (i.e. cause the follicles to miniaturize). The tea tree oil in both the shampoo and conditioner I've recommended will deal appropriately with dandruff and the fungus causing it, so that's another issue less in one's quest to not go bald.
As a matter of fact, anti fungal shampoos such as shampoos with ketoconazole are routinely used by men fighting their male pattern baldness, and it's precisely for the same anti-dandruff reason. Ketoconazole is a completely different substance to tea tree oil, and the latter (tea tree oil) is more benign and can be used daily in shampoos and conditioners (or as frequently as you want).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 54 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  A conditioner that really hydrates hair? boolmir 1 247 10-26-2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 439 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 286 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer