Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
best hair gel for curly hair?
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
best hair gel for curly hair?
I have been trying for ages to get a good hair gel for my curly hair, my hair is more on the kinky afro textured side so hair gels so far just create a massive tangle once it dries, never defining the curls etc
i know rogelio mentions men with afro textured hair should be careful with hair gel and i started applying hair gel like he mentions in the curly hair book that never close to the scalp etc but i still need some more practice.
then i found this hair gel website -- best hair gel for men (name and www)-- and the guy there --a barber-- recommends a couple of hair gels for men and pretty much says the same about applying hair gel, got some good hair gel advice in the site btw the www for the page on best hair gel for curly hair is http://www.besthairgelformen.net/best-ha...urly-hair/ the dude is a barber and the other stuff he mentions makes sense but i want to ask here what is the best hair gel for curly hair and how many there are or any tips etc?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:20 PM by Robert.)
RE: best hair gel for curly hair?
bro I too have curly hair, more on the kinky side than coiled side, & I have probs with hair gel too
The tips in that site for hair gel are spot on and the recommendation the guy there makes of light holding gels is how it works for me too (and applying it)
If I read correct the site recommends the Biosilk gel which I picked some time ago cus its unisex so not to womanly smells & all that stuff they throw in the gels. Its been some time since I got me some hair gel and might as well pick that Biosilk one from Amazon now that I remembered
Are you doing the trick of Rogelio of shampooing the hair gel off the night after you use it?? that to me is what helps avoiding tangles and the lot
08-07-2013, 09:06 PM
cool website, from what it says it boils it down to using light holding hair gel for curly hair then. had to laugh at the cardboard effect it mentions in the problems associated with hair gel, I never occurred to me to come up for a name to something it routinely occurs with my hair and some of the rats gels i used before.
08-08-2013, 03:04 PM
i have straight hair so the other page in the site on hair gel for straight hair gives some tips too. WOuld it be possible to ask the experts here if hair gel can make Male Pattern Baldness worse?
08-08-2013, 04:03 PM
(08-08-2013 03:04 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  i have straight hair so the other page in the site on hair gel for straight hair gives some tips too. WOuld it be possible to ask the experts here if hair gel can make Male Pattern Baldness worse?

i dont think hair gel makes balding worse. there is one chapter in the mens hair book in which rogelio busts all hair care myths and one of 'em is the old hair gel hair loss myth. he does say tho to avoid hair gels with lots of chemicals as you cant be 100% sure what they throw in the formulas
08-15-2013, 07:51 PM
The advice of the website is very good for a change Big Grin Big Grin
It's the layering of the hair gel on your hair (like he explains in the site) that is key to get the best hair gel experience so not just a one best brand!
08-15-2013, 08:12 PM
i have too agree, "the less hair gel the more hair gel"
08-28-2013, 04:09 PM
yup i also agree from experience with what he says here about hair gel for curly hair, basically any light gel like those he mentions to define the curls
09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
That's a great website in the 1st post and glad to see he is also a barber, does he post in this forum?
06-22-2014, 10:04 AM
That website is pretty neat, must be said lads. We have just covered our own resource for best hair gels for men and I have given some hair gel recommendations that suit all hair types and needs. The hair gel recommendations for curly hair based on my barbershop experience are this hair gel (light hold gel for loose curls and casual styles) and this hair gel (strong hold with a cool wet effect).

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vitamins for hair? for fast growth or strong hair? Expert opinions needed please Stevens 33 17,210 11-20-2016 01:35 PM
Last Post: red05five