Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best hair brush for 360 waves hairstyle? wolfing or not
07-31-2014, 11:54 AM
best hair brush for 360 waves hairstyle? wolfing or not
What's going on family?? been some time away! had a question about the best hair brush for 360 waves. What kind of brush do you recommend for the 360 waves hairstyle? my cousins goal is to get the wolfing going on to thicken the waves and curls... then i guess it is maintenance but he has to be careful with the wolfing. Don't wanna break his curls lol ...

Best 360 waves hairstyle brush? or any good brush for wolfing? anyone please? lots of catching up to do too. Dang feels like an eternity when your back from like a couple weeks off...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Best 360 waves brush? Depends if soft or medium!
Jay, regardless of the 360 wave brush, you want to be getting "waving" or wolfing brushes that are made of boar bristles. These (boar) bristles ensure the correct tracking of the waves and can withstand heavy-duty daily brushing (i.e. very frequent and strong-yet-smooth brushing routines). Boar bristles are also used in brushes for long hair and for spreading the sebum across the strands of long straight hair. If you have read The Men's Hair Book (I know you've read The Curly Hair Book), you will know about the importance of spreading your secreted sebum. Anyway, let's not get too technical and answer your question.

First though, the brushing instructions on the illustration below. My post giving you my recommendations on 360 brushes continues right after the illustration.

[Image: iDEJPm8.jpg]

Let's continue.

if you are going to be wolfing, you want to be getting a medium-reinforced boar bristle brush (aka a medium 360 waving brush or simply a "medium brush"). You need more support for the bristles when encouraging the clumping of the kinks as horizontal lines and thus the aesthetic wavy-like visual effect.

A solid 360 wave brush with medium boar bristles that will do you great for your wolfing and to get the initial waves forming is THIS brush here.

On the other hand, if you want to simply maintain your 360 waves, then you can use a soft boar-bristle brush. This time and unlike the medium 360 brush, the boar bristles are reinforced firm but with a soft emphasis, meaning that they are great for 360 wave maintenance, not for creating and shaping the waves (i.e. wolfing).

A soft boar-bristle brush for 360 waves that will be very handy for maintaining your waves would be THIS brush here.

You can't go wrong with the above 2 brushes for 360 waves. I suggest that you own both hair brushes, as they will be very useful for any time that you get any kind of buzz cut and as you grow your kinks and curls, you suddenly decide that you want to again start wolfing and creating waves. The two brushes ain't expensive altogether and they will last you an eternity if you just keep them unused until you start creating waves on your hair again.

Considering that you will get the most bang for your buck when buying everything together, including extra items that are necessary for creating some cool 360 waves, then do make sure to also get THIS pomade from Layrite which will help you further with obtaining your waves and enhancing the smooth and sheen effect.

There are some pomades for 360 waves, or at least they are advertised as such, but I have found that they either lack hold or that they leave too much residue. The Layrite pomade that I recommend in the link I posted above is a great pomade for creating waves, as the pomade has a strong hold and the pomade is also easy to wash off. Sure, that Layrite pomade ain't "only" a couple of bucks like the other so-called 360 wave pomades, but I can tell you that using those cheap pomades will cause more harm than good over time on your hair. The Layrite pomade in he link above is very much worth its price and use.

Lastly, make sure to add a do-rag on your shopping basket. A protective cap will help you to protect your 360 waves when you aren't brushing them or showing them off! A good protective cap to buy to protect your waves is THIS dorag, which is also comfortable to sleep with.

Any other questions, Jay (or any other forum members), please ask.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 361 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun
  Anyone seen this styling Professional Dancer round brush? marathon16 0 256 05-04-2016 04:58 AM
Last Post: marathon16
  Wet and spiky hairstyle (C.ronaldo) Xjinzz 0 519 12-27-2015 02:12 PM
Last Post: Xjinzz
  Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair? bryan1908 7 2,083 11-09-2015 11:49 PM
Last Post: bryan1908