Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo
02-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Yo
Do the kids even say yo these days? Anyway, I'm new here and looking for advice on a new haircut! I've only ever sported 3 distinct styles in my life and am now looking for something a bit more mature, porfessional and, well, attractive. I figure this is the perfect place to ask so will create a thread in the relevant forum, complete with pics. Thanks in advance guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Yo
(02-08-2014 07:22 AM)McPhersonator Wrote:  Do the kids even say yo these days? Anyway, I'm new here and looking for advice on a new haircut! I've only ever sported 3 distinct styles in my life and am now looking for something a bit more mature, porfessional and, well, attractive. I figure this is the perfect place to ask so will create a thread in the relevant forum, complete with pics. Thanks in advance guys!

How long is your hair now and what's its type? Are you starting with a buz cut, and what are the 3 styles that you want to steer clear from? If you've never gone long or considered it, it definitely would be a different look.

Have fun!
02-08-2014, 12:31 PM
(02-08-2014 07:22 AM)McPhersonator Wrote:  Do the kids even say yo these days? Anyway, I'm new here and looking for advice on a new haircut! I've only ever sported 3 distinct styles in my life and am now looking for something a bit more mature, porfessional and, well, attractive. I figure this is the perfect place to ask so will create a thread in the relevant forum, complete with pics. Thanks in advance guys!

Welcome! Smile

We are planning on opening a new section soon for forum members to post their thread where they track their hairstyles/haircuts etc and get input from the community, so stay tuned for that.

(02-08-2014 11:33 AM)carterholmes2 Wrote:  

How long is your hair now and what's its type? Are you starting with a buz cut, and what are the 3 styles that you want to steer clear from? If you've never gone long or considered it, it definitely would be a different look.

Have fun!

carterholmes2's questions are great to know. In this forum we emphasize knowing the basics of your hair to then get the msot out of our guides, tutorials and help. You can start by spotting what hair type you have in our hair type guide. Depending on your hair type, you can also frequent the straight hair forum section or the curly hair forum section to relate with others with the same hair type etc

Welcome again!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-08-2014, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 01:03 PM by McPhersonator.)
Thanks for the welcome guys! A lot of my features come from my Nigerian grandad (although I'm white myself) - curly black hair and a high forehead. Until I was about 15 my mum would decide when and how my hair would be cut, so it was short and sensible (style no. 1.) Then I decided to grow it. Did I mention my hair is curly? It's very curly, and frizzy, too. For the rest of my teenage years I tamed this with straightening irons (style no.2) but eventually got tired of being mistaken for a woman from a distance (sometimes even short distances.) So until January 2013, I allowed it to be the wild and uncontrollable mane it was supposed to be (style no.3.) This was popular with friends but not with family! Upon graduating university, I decided that mum was right all along and that the short style would be much better for finding a job.

Phew, so that's my hair's life story. I've liked each style in its own way but my forehead has always bugged me. I'm almost 28 and it looks like my hairline is receeding, but it's always been that way. I could never cover it up with long hair without looking ridiculous but now that it's short again (about an inch or 2 when pulled straight) I feel it draws more attention to it.

I hear they say a buzz cut is good for receeding hairlines so I wonder if it'll work for me, but I'm not quite brave enough to do something so extreme. Even if it's not as extreme as having 10 years of growth chopped off all at once. I'm looking at pictures of Jason Statham to convince myself that it's a good look, but could I really pull it off?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------