Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xabi Alonso hair, hairstyles and haircuts - Style guide with pictures
03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Xabi Alonso hair, hairstyles and haircuts - Style guide with pictures
Let's specifically discuss Xabi Alonso's hair, hairstyles and haircuts in this thread. Feel free to post more pictures of his hair in this thread.
Xabi Alonso is a spanish football player who plays for Real Madrid. He is known or his formal fashion style, with Xabi Alonso prefering suits & formal wear over casual wear. Alonso has straight hair and likes to choose the classic taper haircut & the Ivy League haircut as his preferred mens haircuts. He also sports a thick beard so that he combines his hairstyle & beard for a very unique look. He also keeps his beard as either stubble or at a short length.

Pictures of Xabi Alonso hairstyles and haircuts
Over the years, his hair has got shorter and shorter. Before joining Real Madrid, Alonso played for Liverpool where his hair was at a medum length & longer than the hair length he has been sporting at Real Madrid. Despite the differences in length, he has always kept to formal hairstyles like side parts, fringes & naturally set short mens cuts.

Ivy League haircut
The Ivy League haircut is favoured by Xabi Alonso. With this haircut the hair is tapered on the sides finishing off with a clipper. The hair on the top is about one to two inches long & the front is typically slightly longer than the crown. However the Ivy league haircut in Spain can also imply an even length top.
To style his Ivy League cut, Alonso simply combs his thick hair with a classic left part. He will also emphasize the lifting up of the forelock in a pseudo quiff which is a good styling option for an Ivy League.

[Image: xabi-alonso_1517534c.jpg]

[Image: alonso.jpg]

[Image: img-papa-xabi-alonso-parle-transfert-136...168745.jpg]

[Image: xabi2.jpg]

[Image: Xabi+Alonso+Presents+Success+Beyond+Game...ACzGsl.jpg]

[Image: Xabi-Alonso-Emidio-Tucci_zps32ea5f1e.jpg]

Taper haircut
In the taper haircut, the hair on the top of the head is kept at an even length and is slowly and gradually decreased in length as the hair gets lower on the sides & back of the head. A taper haircut is a convertible haircut meaning that just about any hairstyle can be done with a regular taper - provided the barber or hairdresser who did it did a good job.

[Image: 249063556-26062010120310.jpg]

[Image: nHXbnmj.jpg]

[Image: eHmEdLq.jpg]

[Image: xabi_alonso__by_wanamirahmessi-d54v2wu.jpg]

[Image: FPSK5WT.jpg]

Side part
The side part is the favorite hairstyle of Xabi Alonso. Usually a short length, the hair is parted either casually with a bit of tousling or in a more classic part.

[Image: 65018.jpg]

[Image: Xabi-Alonso-xabi-alonso-25732540-476-305.jpg]

[Image: 673H2Vi.jpg]

[Image: Xabi_Alonso.jpg]

[Image: 1Y37aPL.jpg]

[Image: Xabi+Alonso+Xavi+Alonso+Presents+Emidio+...0bSRXl.jpg]

[Image: mpro_xabi_alonso_263X.jpg]

[Image: xmH2MG4.jpg]

Messy hair
During his time at Liverpool, Alonso also sported shaggy cuts & messy locks. The hair would be tousled

[Image: xabi-alonso-short-hairstyles3.jpg]

[Image: 05alonso.jpg]

[Image: n_real_madrid_xabi_alonso-403304.jpg]

Get the look
The hairstyles of Xabi Alonso are easy. Side parts & taper cuts are as basic as mens haircuts get. You will need a good styling product for the side part or tousled hair while a good hair clipper and some scissors will be great styling tools.

Recommended products:

- Get this hair wax: the wax in the link is great for a natural tousled look or for the short side parts with pseudo quiffs. You can get smooth defined hair that looks more like natural than too heavily styled.

- Get this pomade: the pomade in the link is excellent for medium length styled where the hair requires smoothness and flexibility. You can tousle your hair or have it in a medium length side part. The pomade is also easy to wash unlike most pomades so it is a great styling pomade option.

- Get this hair gel: the hair gel in the link is great for defined hairstyles where a dryer look is to be emphasized. iF you want the short haircut of Xabi Alonso with brush styled hair or hair standing up then the gel in the link is the one to get!

- Get this hair clipper: the hair clipper in the link is an awesome clipper! it is cordless & light to use. It also has a very powerful motor that will buzz any kinds of thick hair & you can even use this clipper for your beard & sideburns, it's that good! The clipper comes with everything you will need to clip/buzz your hair & you can use this clipper for all kinds of cool cuts & styles you have in mind or learn in our forum! lastly, the battery is very long lasting & will last over one hour without recharging while buzzing without a stop. Excellent clipper option without a doubt.

- Get this set of shears: the set of shears in the link is a must have if you want to cut your own hair. Shears are scissors that are made specifically to cut hair, you should never cut your hair with regular scissors! the set of shears also comes with layering shears which are great to use on your hair to emphasize the tousled shaggy look.

With the hair clipper & set of shears above you will be saving a lot of money down the road as you will be barely visiting the barber as you will be able to do pretyt much what they do on your own Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Xabi Alonso hair, hairstyles and haircuts - Style guide with pictures
This guy Alonso is the epytome of gentleman fashion: clean Ivy League haircut, trimmer full beard, always in formar wear if not with a sit (whenever not in sportswear due to his profession). I also have read that he is a man's man and well spoken. More men should use celebrities like this guy as fashion and style inspiration instead of Jersey Shore and TV thugs.

Your guide is fantastic, Jurgen, and I know we had spoken quite some time ago about doing this actual styling guide for Xabi Alonso. I also noticed that you created a guide on Xabi Alonso's beard, so that's also very welcome and appreciated buddy! With guys like Neymar and Kevin Prince Boateng getting most of the airtime when it comes to soccer players' hairstyles, one can only wonder if there's any old-school gentleman still in this popular sport (so nice to see Xabi there!).

Just the one thing, Jurgen. It looks like you have missed a crucial element to the style guide... the comb! Big Grin I see no mention of a good comb as you always recommend in your male celebrity style guides and in the case of Alonso, a good men's comb is very important as a good side part and side combing requires a good comb designed for male use. In this case, and since we recommend the same comb anyway, it is this men's comb that we recommend those of you reading to get and use for your side parting and combing of your mane. Happy side parting!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Jurgen thanks for this guide mate. Always up for reading haircuts guides of football players.

Interestingly Alonso started wearing his beard when he signed for Real Madrid in 2009. He also started getting shorter professional haircuts. I have heard from Madrid friends that Real Madrid recommends their players to wear short neat hair.
Mind you it really is only a recommendation so the players are not forced to cut their hair, but guys like Emmanuel Adebayor had to cut their long hair at Real Madrid. Also I have read in the spanish press (as much as I can read it with an online translator) that guys like Sergio Ramos have gradually toned down their look and cut their hair to suit the clean professional look that president Florentino Perez wants to spread.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
I like his style, he's a really classy man. That beard is fantastic (unfortunately I have a patchy beard) !
03-24-2014, 12:17 PM
(03-24-2014 11:37 AM)Barber Wrote:  Jurgen thanks for this guide mate. Always up for reading haircuts guides of football players.

Interestingly Alonso started wearing his beard when he signed for Real Madrid in 2009. He also started getting shorter professional haircuts. I have heard from Madrid friends that Real Madrid recommends their players to wear short neat hair.
Mind you it really is only a recommendation so the players are not forced to cut their hair, but guys like Emmanuel Adebayor had to cut their long hair at Real Madrid. Also I have read in the spanish press (as much as I can read it with an online translator) that guys like Sergio Ramos have gradually toned down their look and cut their hair to suit the clean professional look that president Florentino Perez wants to spread.

Yes it's true, Madrid and a few other tops clubs do it, I know for a fact that Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho have a similar rule, they prefer their footballers to have smart haircuts as its image thing (represent the club), so I guess that's why Fabio Coentrao is on his way this summer lol, so I guess Marcelo, Modric and Pepe are exempt from the rule lol
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
(03-24-2014 11:37 AM)Barber Wrote:  Jurgen thanks for this guide mate. Always up for reading haircuts guides of football players.

Until you look at Pepe lol.
04-17-2014, 05:48 PM
(03-24-2014 12:17 PM)shane88 Wrote:  

Yes it's true, Madrid and a few other tops clubs do it, I know for a fact that Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho have a similar rule, they prefer their footballers to have smart haircuts as its image thing (represent the club), so I guess that's why Fabio Coentrao is on his way this summer lol, so I guess Marcelo, Modric and Pepe are exempt from the rule lol
Maybe that's why Ozil left, mind you he had his haircut down at Arsenal, there was no escape
05-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Quick question.

In photographs 5 and 6, what do you believe would be good lengths to cut to on the top, sides and back?

I realise that they are two different photographs (hair length wise). I only ask, because I have trouble explaining to my barber what length I'd like.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 413 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 348 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,651 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
  Epic Soccer Hairstyles and Haircuts of the 2016 UEFA Euro TheMensHairForum 8 2,148 06-19-2016 01:05 PM