Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Minoxidil Give Me Full/Thick Eyebrows? 5 1
Will Minoxidil Give Me Full/Thick Eyebrows?
11-24-2018, 04:48 PM
Will Minoxidil Give Me Full/Thick Eyebrows?
Hey guys,

I recently heard about minoxidil; and how it aids in growing a nice thick beard.
I have eyebrows that are super thin in the first place, but they get even thinner halfway; its basically like I have chopped off half of my eyebrows! and its not a good look.
Would like to know if minoxidil could sort this out and give me thicker brows.
Let me know if its possible... please go easy on me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Minoxidil may encourage denser facial hair or beard growth. But it's speculation.
The answer is a long "maybe". The activity of sulfotransferase in facial-hair follicles is akin to that of scalp hair. Minoxidil acts as a local vasodilator which, in turn, aids in delaying the miniaturizing of scalp follicles (i.e. thinning and baldness). Providing said effect to facial hair, which is not affected by the same male pattern balding process, is most likely useless (remember, it's the vasodilating properties of minoxidil which aid in avoiding the miniaturizing of hair follicles; this is most specific to male pattern baldness and some other forms of alopecia).

Again, the activity of sulfotransferase is there for follicles located on the face and we have had cases in this forum of people successfully filling out their facial hair (albeit, only marginally) when experimenting with minoxidil as you intend to do.

Minoxidil (e.g. Rogaine) is a fairly-harmless compound, so, if you have the money for it, then you may want to consider a trial. From the reports I've gotten on this forum, you need a 6-month uninterrupted treatment (as with male pattern baldness) to notice any marginal effects of fuller facial hair and a denser beard or eyebrows.

See our hair loss products guide (click the link) for sources on where to get minoxidil at great prices.

Let us know how you progress if you decide to give minoxidil for beard growth and eyebrow growth a try!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Minoxidil Guide for Thicker Beard, Facial Hair and Fuller Eyebrows TheMensHairForum 9 149 12-05-2018 02:59 PM
Last Post: Ebony
Exclamation Do not use Trioxidil or Foligain for beard growth as with minoxidil! Beard on Minoxidil 1 37 12-05-2018 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ebony
Thumbs Up Minoxidil FAQ: Beard Growth, Thicker Facial Hair and Eyebrows TheMensHairForum 4 70 12-05-2018 12:26 PM
Last Post: Beard on Minoxidil
  How to grow full beard without facial hair looking silly? 13C200 4 2,068 10-26-2017 02:09 AM
Last Post: ceyyto