Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian
04-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian
I see a lot of my white and latino friends with chest hair in their early twenties but no luck with me. My parents are Chinese and I don't know if race is important for chest hair. My father has no chest hair and now that I think about it none of my family members do (I'm talking of the dudes in my family).

I've read in the forum that chest hair takes many years to develop and grow, just like facial hair. But I am not sure if my age is the factor here and I have a chance of growing chest hair or if I'm already doomed for a hairless chest lol If any of the forum experts could post a reply so as to get an idea of what I can expect?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian
(04-02-2015 05:15 AM)US Asian Wrote:  I see a lot of my white and latino friends with chest hair in their early twenties but no luck with me. My parents are Chinese and I don't know if race is important for chest hair. My father has no chest hair and now that I think about it none of my family members do (I'm talking of the dudes in my family).

I've read in the forum that chest hair takes many years to develop and grow, just like facial hair. But I am not sure if my age is the factor here and I have a chance of growing chest hair or if I'm already doomed for a hairless chest lol If any of the forum experts could post a reply so as to get an idea of what I can expect?

Most male bodies fully develop by the age of 25. If you don't have it by then you pretty much won't have it for the rest of your life.
04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
You still have a couple of years left for your chest hair to mature fully. However if right now your chest is hairless and there aren't even very thin fuzzy hairs mixed with some matured thick hair strands, then you won't be growing any chest hair in the future and will have a hairless chest. In your early twenties you would already have that chest hair pattern of thick hairs with thin fuzzy hairs, and then in your mid to late twenties and even early thirties all the thin fuzzy hair matures and becomes thicker and visible.

Some guys have fully matured their chest hair by age eighteen tho but those guys are the kind who have very thick facial hair and can grow a full beard at eighteen too. It isn't very common at that age. Most guys take some more years to grow a full beard and chest hair as all body hair including facial hair fully matures in their late twenties to early thirties.
04-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. It's probably related to race to some extent then as I was going through pictures of my family members and it's true that none of them had chest hair. I was going through the pics as I was interested to know if any of my male family members had gone bald, so I picked up a couple of family albums dating as back as a hundred years and all the dudes were pretty much hairless in the face and chest, but had impressively thick hair on their head.

I also talked to two of my cousins and they agreed that far east genetics aren't strong in chest hair development ha ha One of my two cousins is half white half Asian and he has chest hair but he says that it comes from his father's side as his dad is white American (Irish/German).

I guess that in part it's fine to have a hairless chest. I was reading another thread in the forum that talks about how a lack of hair in the body increases muscle definition. Not that I have any muscles LOL but I was thinking if I had any chances of developing that Magnun P.I. Tom Selleck chest hair. Oh well, guess it's time to hit the gym then.
12-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Hey, US Asian! It depends on the person. I am 30+ and no chest hair at all. To tell the truth I am very comfortable with that.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to remove Ear Hair, Chest hair and leg hair for TEENS herehair 2 2,010 12-31-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? The Kid 3 11,092 12-16-2015 09:22 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
Question Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition? Alex 6 8,565 12-16-2015 09:15 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Your opinion voiced TheMensHairForum 11 33,369 04-13-2015 10:54 PM
Last Post: itsme39