Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the undercut hairstyle looks good for some men and not for others?
01-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Why the undercut hairstyle looks good for some men and not for others?
Ok so I am learning a lot in this forum and love the hairstyle advice! i see here that the undercut hairstyle looks good for some men like Gareth Bale and then the undercut is so-so or even bad as a style for some other men.
Do you know why this is or what is the reason? what is the trick here? some men yes the under cut is stylish other men not so much Huh is it the hair type curly or straight for example?
Gracias everybody Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Why the undercut hairstyle looks good for some men and not for others?
Jaime, that's a good question! We have lots of information and pictures on the Undercut in the forum so as you have noticed, not all undercuts fit all men.

The two main factors influencing how a an Undercut hairstyle will look are:
  • Face shape: men with vertical temples and where the forehead is the widest part of the face will do have the best Undercuts. A male with vertical temples and who rocks the Undercut is Gareth Bale (check this link for Gareth Bale's hairstyles including the Undercut). Here is a picture of Bale with the Undercut.

[Image: 176509870.jpg?w=681&h=1024]
  • Hair type: men with straight hair or wavy hair will benefit the most from the Undercut. Avoid the Undercut if you have curly hair or kinky curly hair. If you don't know what your hair type is, then check out the ISEZ hair type guide (summary of the guide in the link) which was pioneered by hair expert Rogelio and published in The Men's Hair Book. A good example of how an Undercut will look bad with curly hair is the case of Joey Essex hair where he grew his Jewfro and his Undercut made his hair even bigger LOL Below is a picture of his curls with the Undercut although he is lucky to have vertical temples despite the curly mane.

[Image: towie-joey-essex-beach.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Maybe I'm only just noticing it now but it seems like in the last 6 months the undercut style has totally blown up. Almost every guy I see has the same undercut style.
01-29-2014, 04:59 PM
(01-28-2014 03:54 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Jaime, that's a good question! We have lots of information and pictures on the Undercut in the forum so as you have noticed, not all undercuts fit all men.

• Face shape: men with vertical temples and where the forehead is the widest part of the face will do have the best Undercuts. A male with vertical temples and who rocks the Undercut is Gareth Bale (check this link for Gareth Bale's hairstyles including the Undercut). Here is a picture of Bale with the Undercut.

• Hair type: men with straight hair or wavy hair will benefit the most from the Undercut. Avoid the Undercut if you have curly hair or kinky curly hair. If you don't know what your hair type is, then check out the ISEZ hair type guide (summary of the guide in the link) which was pioneered by hair expert Rogelio and published in The Men's Hair Book. A good example of how an Undercut will look bad with curly hair is the case of Joey Essex hair where he grew his Jewfro and his Undercut made his hair even bigger LOL Below is a picture of his curls with the Undercut although he is lucky to have vertical temples despite the curly mane.

ohhh great explanation brother! yes I can understand now and is very important your points because undercuts are great but sometimes it is NOT! jaja the man with curly hair in your post is example of bad undercut mens style.

(01-29-2014 06:57 AM)TokyoRumble Wrote:  Maybe I'm only just noticing it now but it seems like in the last 6 months the undercut style has totally blown up. Almost every guy I see has the same undercut style.

In Spain it is from summer. Here we are still following Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyles so more like a short shaggy cut and lots of hair straightening!
01-29-2014, 11:41 PM
(01-29-2014 04:59 PM)JaimeSpain Wrote:  In Spain it is from summer. Here we are still following Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyles so more like a short shaggy cut and lots of hair straightening!

In Cape Town South Africa it looks as if everyone goes to the same hairdresser. The other style thats going around is the mullet but thats kind of always been a thing with the Afrikaans people here.
02-01-2014, 04:06 PM
(01-28-2014 03:54 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Jaime, that's a good question! We have lots of information and pictures on the Undercut in the forum so as you have noticed, not all undercuts fit all men.

Thats a pretty smart reply mate and i never through about it that way although i too have noticed the same wrt some guys just looking plain horrible with undercuts and other abrupt and edgy haircuts.

(01-29-2014 11:41 PM)TokyoRumble Wrote:  
(01-29-2014 04:59 PM)JaimeSpain Wrote:  In Spain it is from summer. Here we are still following Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyles so more like a short shaggy cut and lots of hair straightening!

In Cape Town South Africa it looks as if everyone goes to the same hairdresser. The other style thats going around is the mullet but thats kind of always been a thing with the Afrikaans people here.

Here in the Uk its the shaggy cut with hair straightener and its been going on like that for a couple of years now.
02-08-2014, 11:54 AM
I noticed that you mentioned that the vertical temples give the best undercut hair cut. How does this apply to a more oval-shaped face where the temples are not completely vertical but start to taper inwards evenly symmetrically with the jawline? Is this a weakness for the haircut making it less attractive?
02-08-2014, 12:53 PM
(02-08-2014 11:54 AM)carterholmes2 Wrote:  I noticed that you mentioned that the vertical temples give the best undercut hair cut. How does this apply to a more oval-shaped face where the temples are not completely vertical but start to taper inwards evenly symmetrically with the jawline? Is this a weakness for the haircut making it less attractive?

So the widest point of the face would be the middle face at ear level? (where the jaw bone inserts) If so, then it would depend on the jawline too and how much angled the temples are. The worst face shape for the Undercut is a round face (where the temples are very angled) while an oval shape has a more gentle temple angle which can work well, especially if the jawline is strong (i.e. clearly marked).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 73 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 269 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 288 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 311 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777