Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does straight hair stand up after buzzcut haircut?
10-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Why does straight hair stand up after buzzcut haircut?
Every time I get a haircut (just a 3 guard shave) it looks perfect for about 2-3 days then parts of it like start to stand up and looks awful.

I have a pic but it says I need 50 posts to post it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2015, 08:07 AM
It's a natural occurrence for short straight hair to stand up after being buzzed.
I've edited your title to reflect the fact that your issue is occurring on your straight hair (I'm assuming this since you've posted your question in our Straight Hair forum section).

Your issue is very common as straight hair stands up as a brush until it gets to about an inch in length; this is because of the infinitely-straight natural pattern of the hair strands within the straight-hair type and which has no other solution than to grow your hair longer.

You'll notice right after your buzz cut that your hair looks better because it needs a couple of days to grow slightly longer and to stand up from having been buzzed due to the pressure exerted by the hair clipper. As you report, 2 to 3 days after the buzz-cut haircut, your hair fully stands up as it naturally does since it has been doing so progressively right after the buzz cut.

To add more substance to your issue, straight hair in men is usually thicker than the hair of other hair types (i.e. wavy hair, coiled hair and kinky curly hair). The thicker that the hair is, the more it will stand up at longer lengths. Thus, your issue is very common in straight-haired men and we've had Asian forum members (with straight hair) complaining about the same problem with their very-short straight hair. The only real solution to this is to grow your hair longer to at least half an inch in length.

I've also upgraded your account so that you can post a picture of your hair as you intended to do! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help me pick a haircut? scout9137 2 201 10-06-2016 10:49 PM
Last Post: scout9137
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 284 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 396 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  Help with styling products for Caesar haircut - Hayden Cassidy hairstyle KIERANHIN95 1 357 07-01-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: KIERANHIN95