Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Rain styling gel review
12-01-2014, 09:04 AM
White Rain styling gel review
Here is another hair gel review, this time is a White Rain styling gel review. The actual name is White Rain Hydrations Mega Hold Sculpting Gel. It's a unisex extreme hold gel that has provitamin B5 and is alcohol free. The bottle is blue and you can sort of see the thick liquid liquid gel. I purchased the large 16 ounce (454 g) plastic bottle of White Rain Styling Gel with extreme hold.

Before I continue and for anyone who doesn't know it, I'm a female so I only review products that are just as useful for men as for women. You won't believe the amount of hair products that are unisex despite their branding! Smile I'm also a hairdresser so I know when a product is useful for a gent and any products I review I post them in this hair products sub forum.

My experience started with first shampooing my hair and then using a hair conditioner. As I have long hair I wrapped my hair in a towel and ate breakfast. Now, with my hair towel dried and a little bit damp, I opened the flip cap of the White Rain hair gel. I squeezed the bottle and out came a much paler liquid that I first thought. It is more of a lilac colour. I put it in the palm of my hand and then rubbed the palms together. I then massaged it into my hair. I made sure that I went from the roots to the ends of my hair.

It actually felt a little sticky when I first put it on my hands, but once it was rubbed into my hair, it had disappeared. My hair felt smooth and didn't have any tangles in it. That is really amazing for me. When I use cheap shampoos, and conditioners, my hair falls out in handfuls. I can honestly say that the combination of the products I used today, stopped this from happening.

I dried my curly hair for more volume. The curls were tighter than normal, and a little crunchy as you would expect with the extreme hold styling gels. Looking in the mirror, my hair looked shiny, with height and volume, which I am sure was contributed by the White Rain styling gel. Overall, I liked how the hairstyle looked with the gel. Everything remain as styled and it lasted the whole day which is something not all extreme hold gels can achieve.

What White Rain has to say about their styling gel:

"Use White Rain Extreme Hold Styling Gel to sculpt and style your hair into the look you want, while adding shine and body without stiffness or stickiness. It won't dull or dry your hair. This versatile gel delivers an ultimate long lasting hold allowing you to achieve definition, texture and control of any hair type.

Warning:

For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Use only as directed."

With the White Rain hair styling gel, my hair looks exactly the way I wanted it to look, and it took less time to achieve. I have used it many other times and the results are constant so I know it works. I was very pleased with it and would recommend it. The only problem is that it seems like it's a product hard to find from what I have seen although I got it from Amazon and they have some on stock always. So yup I recommend it! Smile

Elena.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: White Rain styling gel review
Hmm, sounds interested. Just out of curiousity, how much was it?
01-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Hair gel review.
I haven't seen much of the White Rain products as of lately. Shame as they do make some decent products.

Thanks for the review Elena, it's always great to get hair product feedback from hairstylists like yourself! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,661 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 251 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 39,511 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,051 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush