Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one of these male hair products for new hairstyle?
07-09-2015, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 01:36 PM by Xorophone.)
Which one of these male hair products for new hairstyle?
Hello! Smile I've never really used any good products before. Just a relatively cheap wax and a bit of hairspray. I'm planning on stepping up my game and buying some better, more expensive products but I'm not sure what to get. I really want to try out how a mousse and dry shampoo works, so I'm going to buy those even if I might not use them.

I think I'm going to order Vision Styling Mousse (250ML), Schwarzkopf got2b Glued Hairspray (300ML), Label.m Dry Shampoo (200ML), but I want a wax or something too if I don't like using mousse or if I want to combine them.

I have a few different ones that I think would be good and I want your opinion of which one you think I should buy (or if you know any other products that would work better). These are the ones I've looked at:
  • Tigi Bead Head Matte Separation Wax
  • Maria Nila Creator Extreme
  • Revlon Style Masters Draft Modelling Clay (Just because there is a crazy sale on it here in Sweden)
What I'm looking for is something that will last the day even if I grow out my hair a bit. What do you guys think would be the best alternative? My hair is short and straight but I plan on growing out my fringe.

I'm thankful for any help I can get. Smile

Edit: Please come with suggestions on the mousse, hairspray and dry shampoo too. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Which one of these products?
Just found out that Revlon Style Masters Creator Fiber Wax was on a big sale aswell. Maybe that one is better than the other Revlon product?
07-12-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Which one of these products?
I ended up ordering Vision Styling Mousse, Label.m Dry Shampoo, Revlon Style Masters Creator Fiber Wax, Label.m Extreme Strong Hairspray and a round 44mm Bravehead brush made out of metal for a total of around $62.

The reason I decided to buy another hairspray was mainly because I didn't want such a high hold as Got2b Glued would have given me. The one I bought instead was pretty cheap, so I hope it's good. The wax was on sale so I got two 85g containers for around $24 (one costs about $21).

Now I'll just wait and see if they're good. Smile If anyone wants me to review the products in another thread later, please tell me.
07-14-2015, 08:34 AM
That's a really good choice of men's hairstyling products for straight hair!
You've actually purchased some pretty good men's hair products. If you're new to the game, then it's a good idea to get more than one type of hair product (e.g. don't just get hair wax, for example, but also get hair mousse) as that way you can get a good idea of what hair products suit your hair type, hair length and desired hairstyle the best.

In this instance, hair fiber works very well for straight hair, so that's a great choice. Hair mousse is also a great choice for straight hair since straight hair is the hair type with the least amount of volume potential. Hair mousses are volumizing hairstyling products and thus provide some extra volume which you would otherwise find more difficult to achieve with other types of hairstyling products.

Did you buy the hair products in a store or did you buy them from Amazon? The price seems to be a little bit expensive when compared to what we pay for with Amazon, but, since you live in Sweden, it may very well be easier for you to just head over to a store and purchase them straightaway. I'm not familiar with the current pricing of a couple of your items when it comes to hair product prices in Scandinavia, although some forum members have mentioned in the past that hair products up there can be very expensive.

You're welcome to post reviews of your current products and to include images of how the product looks or looks when styled on your hair. I've also upgraded you account so that you can embed images at any time from free image sites like IMGur (just go to the site and upload the pictures, no need to register).

One more thing, are you using a hair dryer? It isn't essential whatsoever, but, since you're growing your fringe longer, you would certainly benefit from using one if you're going to be styling your fringe up like a Brush Up hairstyle or a Quiff hairstyle. Hair mousse works specially well with a hair dryer if you're looking to have as much volume as possible for any vertical hairstyle (e.g. Quiff, Brush Up Hairstyle, Pompadour, Blowout, etc).

If you're unfamiliar with hair dryers, then read our men's hair dryers discussion where you will find plenty of recommendations of good hair dryers for men. The recommendations do also range in price points, so you will find in the linked discussion a good hair dryer, regardless of what your budget may be.

Feel free to also keep us all updated on how everything pans out and how your hair grows by opening a thread in the Journey forum section where you can ask for feedback or just update us at anytime on how everything is going (independent from posting any product reviews that you may wish to post).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-14-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Which one of these male hair products for new hairstyle?
(07-14-2015 08:34 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Couldn't post any links so I had to delete this text. Tongue

Thank you so much for the post! I'm glad I bought good products. Smile I actually ordered them from a swedish store called Lyko (It was called Bellbox before). I could have just bought them in the store, but it's quite far away and the shipping was really cheap. I know it was a bit more expensive than other stores, but it was very convenient to be able to get the products in just a few days and it feels like I had more control over the package.

Thank you so much for upgrading my account, I will be making reviews in a few weeks when I've got the products and had time to try them out.

I do have a blowdryer that I'll be using. Not sure which one it is, but I can take a look at it tomorrow if you're interested.
07-17-2015, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 04:13 PM by Xorophone.)
RE: Which one of these male hair products for new hairstyle?
Got my products today and they're amazing! The only thing that doesn't seem to make much of a difference is the mousse (I bought a pretty cheap one), but I've never used one before and I haven't tried blowdrying my hair upwards without mousse, so I'm still not sure. Have to do a bit more testing. Wink The wax is definitely the best one I've ever used. I'll make reviews on the products in a few weeks.

Oh, and by the way. I looked at my blowdryer to try and work out which model it was, but I don't know much more than the fact that it's from Philips. It's got both a hot and a cold setting, 3 different strength modes (with one being off) and three more modes which I think are temperature settings. Here is a picture of it:
[Image: AxhdT8Q.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 91 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 324 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 162 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 200 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob