Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the best smelling hair pomade?
05-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Which is the best smelling hair pomade?
What's the best smelling hair pomade out there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: Best smelling pomade
(05-21-2015 01:54 PM)Bee kay 18 Wrote:  What's the best smelling hair pomade out there?

Layrite smells pretty good. It smells like a fresh out of the barbershop smell.
05-21-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Best smelling pomade
Layrite angels great. Plus it's not overpowering.
05-22-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: Which is the best smelling hair pomade?
Out of the hair pomades that I have tried I would have to agree that the Layrite pomade has a manly smell similar to that clean barbershop smell of the pomade your grandfather would have used in his day. The Layrite pomade I'm talking about has been reviewed here http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ade-REVIEW and everyone agrees that this Layrite pomade has everything that a high shine pomade needs. So a masculine smell on top of the good properties of this pomade make it a great hair product for men.

Another good smelling pomade is the one from Suavecito. But from my opinion the smell isn't as powerful as the one from Layrite. And the smell from the Layrite pomade isn't that powerful, not like a perfume or cologne. It just has the right smell for a pomade and won't overpower your cologne or dude's perfume. The smell of the Suavecito pomade is way lighter. This isn't bad but go with the Layrite pomade if you're looking for the best smelling hair pomade.

I would say that the Suavecito pomade is more for guys looking to not have their hair smelling of anything. This can actually be a good thing if you're not a fan of smells or if you have a good perfume and you don't want to risk blending the smell of your perfume and of your pomade, which would ruin the air-fragrance of your perfume.
05-27-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Which is the best smelling hair pomade?
I like the Suavecito pomade smell. It's not strong at all, just a light scent.

Another good smelling pomade is the Black and White pomade. I don't use the Black and White pomade as it is the typical oil pomade that can make your hair too oily in a split second. But my dad uses it and has been using it for decades. Apparently Elvis Presley also used the Black and White pomade.

The forum is full of references and reviews of the Suavecito pomade but I've only seen a couple of references for the Black and White pomade. For those of you interested in checking out the Black and White pomade then this post does a good job at explaining it:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...91#pid4391

I tried the Black and White pomade and it did a good job as a pomade. The trick is starting with a low amount and then working your way up until your hair is saturated with the pomade but not leaking it or turning your head into a deep frying pan. The smell of the Black and White pomade is the same smell that you get when you enter an old barbershop where the barbers are sixty plus years old. That's the smell that I associate with the Black & White pomade as my dad used to take me to those kind of old barbershops.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 611 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 180 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Need recommendations for a pomade Dreadedone 0 363 04-27-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dreadedone
  By Vilain Dynamite Clay vs Baxter of California Clay Pomade goldensw 2 705 04-17-2016 12:37 PM
Last Post: streaks of wavy