Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair?
09-10-2015, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 04:58 AM by bryan1908.)
Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair?
Hello,

First of all sorry but i can't seem to delete my older threads (they are not necessary anymore).

Anyways i just went to the barber and my hair is really short now, i got a little quiff up front and the rest of my hair is styled a bit forward to cover my 2 boldy spots on the front (sides, I don't know the correct word in english).
I got thinning light brown hair.
My current styling setup is:
  • Hanz de Fuko shampoo
  • Hanz de Fuko conditioner
  • Elvive heat protecting hairspray
  • Hanz de Fuko Quicksand matte hair wax
This is my styling proces:
  1. Shower (wash hair 3 times in a week).
  2. Apply heat-protecting spray.
  3. Apply Hanz de Fuko's Quicksand hair wax.
  4. Comb through the hair to spread the spray & Quicksand hair wax.
  5. Blowdry the hair and style.
I'm thinking about this setup now:
  • Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Agadir Argan Oil Volumizing Styling Mousse (Is this a volume creator too?)
  • Gatsby Hair Wax Mat Type
What do you suggest in terms of the products i typed above, and the styling pattern?
I can't post photo's unfortunately (i can show you guys my hair if i can get ranked up)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 06:58 AM
RE: Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair?
I have experience with the Agadir oil volumizing mousse and it works to create more hair volume. It is true that all hair mousse products do that but this one does it nicely. The Gatsby hair wax matte is also a good voluminizer but it isn't not as good as the Agadir oil hair mousse.

Look around the forum and they say that a hair mousse with a hair dryer is the best combo for maximum volume. I also try this combo and it works for me. So it's good. Also another product that you may want to try is the thickening shampoo and the thickening conditioner from Paul Mitchell. I see that you have it there in your list. I use the thickening shampoo and I can see the volume increase with my eyes. I haven't tried the conditioner but other guys in the forum have tried it and they say that the combo of the thickening shampoo plus the thickening conditioner works even better.

I think your hair products that you have in your list are good from my experience. So you are looking only for a quiff hairstyle? why not a Caesar hairstyle if you are worried about your hairline??
Maybe you can also consider the Caesar hairstyle as there is a big guide here in the forum: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-and-Tips The Caesar hairstyle is the perfect hairstyle if you don't want volume because your hair is flat and forward. I have read of the barbers in the forum recommending the Caesar hairstyle for guys with the same hairline problem! Smile
09-14-2015, 02:36 AM
Unfortunately i can't upload a picture of my hairstyle now.
My haircut looks like the Caesar haircut but instead of all my hair is combed to the front so I got a little quiff.

What do you suggest about what styling product i should use instead of the Hanz de fuko Quicksand hair wax?
10-04-2015, 08:14 AM
The Caesar haircut is a great hairstyle for thinning hair and a receding hairline!
Bryan, I've upgraded your account so that you can post images if you wish to.

Your hair-product setup looks great and I second the advice above from Jaime where he recommends the Caesar haircut as a great hairstyling option for thinning hair. The fact that you already have a Quiff going on is even better as the Caesar hairstyle is a very simple hairstyle and all it really needs is enough hair length at the front to style the hair forward as bangs.

Go through the Caesar haircut guide that Jaime linked to above in his post as you will find all the advice needed for you to get a good Julius-Caesar-influenced look. I think that the Gatsby hair wax that you've chosen is a good one, although you can always go through the following list of Gatsby hair wax products to learn about the different varieties of shine levels and holding strengths within the Gatsby hair-wax range of products.

Lastly, hair mousse is a hair-volumizing product so it will help with giving your hair a thicker look. Hair mousse is specially useful with vertical men's hairstyles in which the hair is styled up and vertical (as opposed to flat like in the Caesar Cut hairstyle). By having a good hair-mousse product as you have, you're pretty much set to make the most of your hair! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-02-2015, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 01:58 AM by bryan1908.)
Thanks you guys!

I can only upload 2 photo's.

I currently use:

- Paul mitchell thickening shampoo (how many times a week should i wash my hair? i currently do it 2 times in a week)
- Paul mitchell thickening conditioner
- Tigi bed head wax
- Random volumizing mousse
- Random heat protecting hair spray
- Volumizing powder
- Volumizing hair spray

On wet hair i apply the mousse first with a comb, then spray the hair with a heat protector, then blowdry the hair with a brush and apply the wax followed up by a volumizing powder & hair spray.

Any tips?
I can't seem to volumize my hair on the crown part, any ideas?

p.s: What do you guys think about this haircut?
11-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Edit:

I lookup up in the link that Jaime recommended, but i don't fancy the ceaser haircut to be honest.
11-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Alright, I know you probably won't try it but I have to say this.

Try onions mixed with sesame oil. It smells like fried meat but it helps your hair grows and strengthens it. My barber suggested this to my dad and it worked. He had a balding patch on the middle of his head and now you can barely see it. Just apply for a few hours every week and wash it off with a perfumed shampoo to get rid of the smell.

You can try a styling mousse to give it an appearance of thickness but all it does is make your hair look thick and hardens your strands. This can make your hair fall quickly.

You can also try the oils the others are suggesting. I've tried most of them since I have no problem applying oil in my hair. You have to wait longer to wash them off though they don't smell as bad. What I usually do is apply virgin olive oil once in a while. I also wash my hair with mild baby oil because it doesn't attack my hair.
11-09-2015, 11:49 PM
The onions do i need to blend it to make a juice out of it or just cut small pieces?
And then rub it or just put it on top of the balding patch?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 25,040 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 96 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 333 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 446 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8