Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which body part do men trim or shave the most?
01-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Which body part do men trim or shave the most?
I read the thread on manscaping and since I don't trim my body hair I was wondering what is in general the most trimmed or shaved body hair area or body part in men? it seems like it is a recent fad that of shaving the hair in your chest, legs, arms etc save for sportsmen who have always shaved their hair for better performance.
But talking of regular dudes & their body hair whats the area of the body that is most often trimmed or shaved in men? excluding the head of course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Which body part do men trim or shave the most?
From my experience, I would say it is the chest area followed by the back area.

For young men, it'd be the chest as it's the younger women who typically like muscular hairless chests. I'm talking of Spring Break types, dudes who won't think twice about gulping down steroids for breakfast and making "all kindz of gainz bro". Then they'll shave their chests as a hairless chest looks more muscular than a chest with hair.

For older men, it'd be the upper back as the older a man gets, the more hair on the upper back he gets and just about all women hate back hair. Older women are usually OK and quite a few even like chest hair so there's no issue there. It's the back hair that makes you look like a walking bear that seriously turns all worldwide females off LOL

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
yes agreed i think its the chest for young dudes, maybe the upper back for old dudes?? oh and nose hair especially for hair freaks like my dad Big Grin
04-07-2014, 12:17 AM
the nose should be clean! I agree for 100%
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
(04-07-2014 12:17 AM)billy Wrote:  the nose should be clean! I agree for 100%

LOL ain't that the truth!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
(01-05-2014 02:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  From my experience, I would say it is the chest area followed by the back area.

For young men, it'd be the chest as it's the younger women who typically like muscular hairless chests. I'm talking of Spring Break types, dudes who won't think twice about gulping down steroids for breakfast and making "all kindz of gainz bro". Then they'll shave their chests as a hairless chest looks more muscular than a chest with hair.

For older men, it'd be the upper back as the older a man gets, the more hair on the upper back he gets and just about all women hate back hair. Older women are usually OK and quite a few even like chest hair so there's no issue there. It's the back hair that makes you look like a walking bear that seriously turns all worldwide females off LOL

Lol Big Grin

Anyway here in Europe not only Spring Break types shave their chest and the back, it's very common between young guys, some of them shave even their legs and arms.
04-10-2014, 03:01 PM
(01-05-2014 02:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  making "all kindz of gainz bro".

TMHF I know you are all serious and stuff cause of your forum status but I can only wonder if you have been a miscer or 4channer in your previous life cause I get all your tongue in cheek references all the time like this one above Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin only a seasoned internet veteran would be making references to the internet lingo in disguise.
Im just a peasant mind you lol
04-16-2014, 09:04 PM
I'd Chest hair, back hair and under arm hair
04-30-2014, 10:02 AM
why Don't you guys start some kind of survey on stuff like this? the forum is huge by now and its still younger than a year! You could get a lot of very interesting results from a good pool of representatives of pro grooming folks Smile
05-30-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm 21, and most guys my age in my area seem to just go with the chest. Like mentioned before.

(01-05-2014 02:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  For young men, it'd be the chest as it's the younger women who typically like muscular hairless chests. I'm talking of Spring Break types, dudes who won't think twice about gulping down steroids for breakfast and making "all kindz of gainz bro". Then they'll shave their chests as a hairless chest looks more muscular than a chest with hair.

I, however shave my entire body. I don't know why exactly but body hair is something I just cannot put up with. Although I know for a fact i'm in the very small minority of males that do this!
06-27-2014, 08:39 AM
When i was younger and on holiday in Rio i was advised to shave my chest, wasn't a nice experience when it grew back Sad Id say thats the most common amongst men. Although through the summer i do trim (graded cut not shave) my under arm hair, which i find helps keep the body odour at bay.
07-02-2014, 07:15 AM
I would say armpits, everyone does that
07-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah, i've just started doing armpits to, and notice a big change in terms of hygiene
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
I would say armpits. I know alot of people who shave them.
07-26-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't really shave anything, but keep pretty much everything trimmed.

Mostly chest, armpits and my man region. For my back, I usually get that waxed so it's completely hairless.

I have to say, trimming my armpit hair has done wonders. It has definitely reduced the amount I sweat and stain my undershirts. Lol Big Grin
12-24-2014, 08:32 PM
I would definitely say chest hair
12-28-2014, 05:49 AM
(07-26-2014 03:01 PM)jrode Wrote:  I don't really shave anything, but keep pretty much everything trimmed.

Mostly chest, armpits and my man region. For my back, I usually get that waxed so it's completely hairless.

I have to say, trimming my armpit hair has done wonders. It has definitely reduced the amount I sweat and stain my undershirts. Lol Big Grin

Maybe I will have to try trimming my armpit, I also tend to sweat a lot, maybe that will help... but I don't see any reason to shave anything else, maybe back area but I still don't have any hair there, hehe
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Armpits for me.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any tips for THINNING, not trimming body hair? HorseTears 1 2,138 10-31-2015 11:38 PM
Last Post: al_ashfaaq
  Hair removal treatments for men's body hair and facial hair Sunset 0 927 07-21-2015 01:53 PM
Last Post: Sunset
  The rising trend of manscaping and body hair grooming Sunset 1 3,094 08-20-2014 06:24 AM
Last Post: Bradley