Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy good hair ties for men?
05-04-2015, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 02:56 PM by Cool Hair Guy.)
Where to buy good hair ties for men?
I've been reading the men's hair book recently and it sparked my curiosity about hair accessories, so I'm wondering if anybody knows where to buy hair ties for men?

They also can't just be regular ties but they have to be free of metal. According to the the book the metal ones can break the hair when you use the hair ties and I'm having a hard time finding hair ties or bands that don't have any metal in them. I'm sure I have seen the non metal hair bands somewhere in this forum but I can't remember where.

Is Amazon a good place to look for such types of hair ties for guys? I'm going to be ordering soon from Amazon anyway so I thought of adding the hair ties just in case. I would appreciate any hints as to where to buy these hair accessories for men. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 06:51 AM by Bradley.)
RE: Where to buy good hair ties for men?
Your best bet is to check out this huge mens hair accessories thread which covers all the hair accessories for men. They have listed good vendors from where to buy the cheapest hair bands aka hair elastics which is what you call hair ties. They also have listed sources for headbands which are the bands that you put across the head to pull the hair back, dorags and many other hair accessories.

That thread is where all the long haired guys in the forum get their hair accessories from and I've used the UK vendors myself so bookmark that thread if you want to come back to it in the future for more mens hair accessories.

If you're going to be getting hair elastics from that thread then make sure you get as many as you can because it's a fact that you will lose most of them without even realising it! Big Grin
05-09-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Where to buy good hair ties for men?
(05-08-2015 06:49 AM)Bradley Wrote:  Your best bet is to check out this huge mens hair accessories thread which covers all the hair accessories for men. They have listed good vendors from where to buy the cheapest hair bands aka hair elastics which is what you call hair ties. They also have listed sources for headbands which are the bands that you put across the head to pull the hair back, dorags and many other hair accessories.

Now that's a huge thread indeed dude! Good to see where to buy all those hair accessories as I too am considering getting some. I don't know if I want to grow my hair long so perhaps there isn't much sense in buying hair elastics to tie my hair.

My hair is currently at a medium length and I think one of those thin headbands that were recommended in that thread would look good on my hair as I'm getting into the slicked back styles and the volume hair styles.

I've gone through the other huge hairstyling threads on the man bun, top knot and also for other long hairstyles. Tied hair looks the best at least to me when all of it is tied. It doesn't matter if it is tied tight or loose but the good looks com from not leaving any hair dangling on its own.

I could do with an answer here from one of you barbers though, would using a hair elastic to tie medium length hair be ok and look good? Since the hair is medium length I was thinking of tying some of the hair on the back of the top of the head which I've read in the forum is called the vertex.

Never mind so as to not derail this thread I've started a new thread asking this question.
05-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Hair accessories are great hairstyling products for men, including hair bands.
Yes, go through our hair accessories thread that was linked in Bradley's post above as you will find all the hair accessories that are suited for men's hair and that are both affordable and convenient.

All hair accessories have a functional part, whether it'd be to tie the hair into a bun or to keep the hair away from your eyes. In fact and as you will see in that particular hair accessories thread, professional sportsmen from all over the word do make use of the different hair accessories that we've covered in that thread as any hair length in men that surpasses the short hair length category can become a liability for a sportsman when engaging in physical activity.

Even Alice bands, which are mostly used by girls and young women, have become popular again, especially in Europe, as soccer players like Gareth Bale have worn Alice bands during both their training sessions and matches. And, of course, we have made sure to offer you (and anyone else interested in these headbands) a good online source for Alice bands in that thread! Smile

(05-09-2015 10:06 AM)The Kid Wrote:  I could do with an answer here from one of you barbers though, would using a hair elastic to tie medium length hair be ok and look good? Since the hair is medium length I was thinking of tying some of the hair on the back of the top of the head which I've read in the forum is called the vertex.

Absolutely, there would be no problems with you or any other male using a hair band to tie medium-length hair. Of course, bear in mind that, with medium-length hair, you will not be able to tie it all into a ponytail. So you may be able to grasp all the hair on the center and back of your head (i.e. in the vertex area), but you will have the hair on your forelock (i.e. the frontal area of your head) loose or not tied.

A good solution for the problem above with medium-length hair would be to use a headband (or Alice band) to pull back the hair in your forelock so that it's flattened and looks like it is also tied to the short ponytail on your vertex. Even if you didn't pull the hair back enough for it to be flattened and give the illusion of the hair on the forelock being tied to the ponytail, you would still pull a good aesthetic look with the hair that is mildly pulled back with the head band and the hair that is tightly tied back at the vertex into a short ponytail.

All these male hair accessories (that we've covered on the link) are quite affordable so it's a good idea to just buy a couple of headbands and hair bands to play around with the different hairstyles and looks that can be achieved with both of these men's hair accessories. When it comes to hairstyle aesthetics, do not worry about what others may think and instead go with what you like. Of course, once you've gotten a good hairstyle that you like, you may then ask for feedback or opinions to tweak your hairstyle for the better, but, as they say, the sky is the limit when it comes to creating your own hairstyles! Smile

Lastly and for what is worth, an example of a male celebrity who has recently tied his medium-length hair in a ponytail is Justin Bieber. While his ponytail hairstyle was done in a more-careless manner and quite possibly while toasted, it should give you an idea of how the medium length hair looks when tied in a short ponytail.

[Image: QQMUe7w.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 66 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 396 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 171 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Tongue is pure shikakai powder good ManojPrabhakaran 0 242 05-09-2016 01:55 AM
Last Post: ManojPrabhakaran