Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)?
06-28-2015, 01:37 PM
What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)?
What product does Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) use in the show Sons of Anarchy to keep his hair slicked back? It's slicked back but when he runs or fights it moves all over the place. Kinda want that too.

Just like in the GIF images below:

[Image: tumblr_muqugcXU0Z1qb9jcko6_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n3qowvQS821sez5lno2_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n3qowvQS821sez5lno1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mwhdbefGne1rpop88o2_r1_250.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)?
The hair styling product that Jax Teller uses in Sons of Anarchy for the messy slicked back hair look is a styling cream. At least for those scenes as I've hardly watched Sons of Anarchy. But it's easy to tell that he is using a styling cream in those scenes and when his hair is combed back in a messy style because of the free flowing movement of his hair.

His hair is slicked back in the traditional classic slick back so a pomade can be discounted as the hair product of Jax Teller. Styling creams give you a natural slick without the super shiny look and are by bar the best hair products for men with long hair. The hair of Charlie Hunnam as Jax Teller reaches his mouth so he has long hair. Well he has what we call 'short' long hair in that his hair falls in the category of long hair in the official hair length guide from the forum but it does by a small margin. I'd guess Jax Teller's hair style length is about seven inches which is about eighteen centimetres.

See the list of recommended hair products for men to find the styling cream that is recommended by the staff from this forum. It's a Moroccan oil one and I do agree that it's really good for that smooth hair look with a natural slick and some hold but not enough to hold your hair if you're messing around or shaking about. I'd say it's the perfect product for what you have in mind if you're after that hairstyle of Jax Teller.

Cheers!
06-30-2015, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 02:04 PM by SAMCRO.)
Awesome man, thanks for the reply! Makes sense that he used something like that. I'll look into it.
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 02:21 PM by SAMCRO.)
Oh and another question, are there other products that do the same job. (keeping the free flowing movement but also giving the look that there is product in your hair). Since Moroccan oil products can be pricey.
07-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Yes the problem with styling creams is that they aren't cheap. That Moroccan oil styling cream is a nice product and would work very well for what you're trying to do. It's a great product recommendation but it's not cheap as you've seen.

If the Moroccan oil styling cream isn't an option then try the Suavecito pomade. It's the pomade that you will see recommended in that same list of hair products that Bradley just posted above before your last two replies in this thread. For a looser hold with that Suavecito pomade, use half of what you would normally use to slick back you hair with a strong hold. Or just wet your hair more so that you make your hair heavier and the it drops. Keep your hair wet before applying the pomade for that particular trick.

The Suavecito pomade in that list of products is cheap enough to use it for that hairstyle of Jax Teller. It will work and I use that Suavecito pomade among other pomades for similar hairstyles too. The trick is to use about half of what you normally use.

I think I've seen somewhere one thread of yours asking about slicking your hair back so you would surely have heard of that pomade already. The shine isn't as strong as other pomades. It's more of a natural low shine, enough to replace the hairstyle effect and texture that you would otherwise get with the Moroccan oil styling cream.
07-06-2015, 09:36 AM
I agree that if the styling cream with moroccan oil is too expensive, you can use the Suavecito pomade that you will find in that list too.

If you still want to get a good hairstyling cream that isn't as expensive as the one listed in the sticky men's hair product thread that Bradley linked to in this thread, then you can get the styling cream recommended in this hair product list for Leonardo DiCaprio's haircuts under the 'curtains hairstyle' section in the list. That styling cream will work like the earlier one and it's recommended for hairstyles with a little hold like the curtains hairstyle or the slicked back hairstyle of Jax Teller.

Either way any of the three products recommended in this thread (moroccan oil styling cream, Suavecito pomade or that last styling cream) will work for that loose slicked back hair of Jax Teller.
10-20-2015, 01:05 AM
In all the seven seasons of Sons of Anarchy, Charlie Hunnam kept his hair in every style. He even had the most stylish wardrobe. As you can see in the last season, he wore a President's leather vest with patches all over it. For more visit Sky-Seller Online Shopping Store.
10-22-2015, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 11:57 AM by Thomas Martin.)
That looks A LOT like Layrite or Suavecito. That glued together and spiky look is exactly what these do to my hair. BTW I think Jax's hair looks like rats in that scene.
10-31-2015, 05:18 PM
So I have super thick hair and have been using the Moroccan Oil Styling cream, however i can't seen to replicate the look. How does he have it so he has strands that stick together but are free flowing?
12-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Just registered now, hopefully I can help out.

I've also got really thick hair, which needs a lot of product, I've tried different types of styling creams but a good pomade works IMO.

The problem with pomades such as Suavecito - if you have thick wavy hair, making it work can be really tricky. If you want it free flowing, a strong pomade will just clump hair strands together! The trick is finding a pomade which works for you, in my case, water based that holds heavy hair but doesn't require half a tub!

Recently I've found a really good pomade from this company The Daimon Barber (wax based)

I've also heard good things about this Crystal Lake by Sheer Revival.
04-09-2016, 09:17 AM
EcoKid Bubbalicious styling wax with some argan oil. It may be pricey but it's the only way to really get that look.
07-19-2016, 08:21 AM
The Daimon Barber pomade is perfect for this.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,925 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 93 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 330 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 164 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz