Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do with my hair (with pics)
06-16-2013, 08:55 PM
What should I do with my hair (with pics)
What should I do with my hair? Here is a photo with my hair pulled back so you can see my face shape:
[Image: Ghp62EM.jpg]

Here is what my hair looks like normally:

[Image: fGA7g4c.jpg]

Also any opinions on what my face shape is would be appreciated.

BTW my lips are normally not weirdly red, they just look like that in the photo for some reason. Also, I'm not sucking in my cheeks I just have annoyingly prominent cheek bones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: What should I do with my hair (with pics)
Hi smeaglemei and welcome to the forum!

Can you be a bit more specific with what you want?

You have thick hair and a nice shaped hairline so you can pretty much do anything you want. What sort of length you have in mind? Formal or informal hairstyle? Want your hair to be able to be styled in different hairstyles or be limited to one?

Your face is heart-shaped which means tapered cuts are the best that will look on you (you currently have a tapered cut).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-17-2013, 06:44 AM
I am open to whatever hair is the best for my face shape. Could i get away with growing the sides out more (like a shag)? Thanks for the input!
06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
(06-17-2013 06:44 AM)smeaglemei Wrote:  I am open to whatever hair is the best for my face shape. Could i get away with growing the sides out more (like a shag)? Thanks for the input!

What I usually recommend to clients at my barbershop is to avoid a lot of volume on the sides if they have a wide middle face (heart shaped face) like you. Now that doesn't mean you should not grow your sides but that you should avoid piling up too much hair there. You can grow a shag but keep the hair on the sides more down than flared out. Also if your hairdresser is good he will know how to layer the sides for the best shaggy style (but it's not so easy!!).

How about an asymmetric Quiff? That could work out nice, get the sides/back tapered shorter and leve your current length on the top. Use hair mousse and some hair dryer and get the hair up on the front. You could even consider a Pompadour but its a bit more complex than a Quiff. I suggest you read the extensive thread on Zayn Malik hairstyles for some hair inspiration. Also checkout the side parted classic haircut of Gareth Bale on this thread.

What about a classic side swept? i think you have the facial features for a side swept. Use hair pomade and a comb slick the hair at an angle and back and then slick back the hair on the sides (as if doing a duck tail). It's a similar hairstyle to the Gatsby hairstyle, classic and very neat, but it depends also on your taste. Side swept goes well with heart shaped and oval shaped faces and the good thing is these face shapes can do most hairstyles.

I dont see you with very short hair, i think about two inches is good on the top which allows for a shaggy, a quiff and a side swept which leaves good enough hairstyle variety. Like TMHF mentioned above you have a nice hairline so dont cover it with a fringe like in the picture, the three hairstyles i have mentioned will show up your hairline nicely.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the responses gentlemen!

Any of the "up" hairs (i.e. side swept etc.) I believe my hair would not be able to do because it seems to revert forwards no matter how much gel I put in!

Would something like this suite me:
[Image: F6lZ2vx.jpg]
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
For the samurai hairstyle (the picture you posted) it would suit you very well because your hair would be tied back tight and you would not have volume on the sides (important for your face shape), it would also allow you to show the hairline and would enhance your face features. I say go for it but bear in mind that for a Samurai hairstyle you need about eight inches of length because you need the hair on the hairline to reach the crown. Rogelio wrote a nice tutorial on the Samurai hairstyle a while back

http://www.manlycurls.com/2013/04/samura...-hair-bun/

How long is your hair right now? I'm guessing about two inches on the top right?

Also what do you mean with "revert forward"? as in the hair will go forward when you lift the hair or sweep back?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the reply!

My hair is exactly 2 inches. So I'm guessing the samurai would take like a year? Sad

Yes It will fall forward. I tried doing this one time in the past:
[Image: pWhXgod.jpg]

And no matter how much or what kind of gel etc. I put in my hair it would always fall forward towards my eyes (over my forehead) and end up looking like a younger Arnold Schwazenegger.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Longer slick back with more volume (undercut) w/ Pics imortal 0 634 05-01-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: imortal
  What hairstyle should I use? (pics) zorrocat 0 739 12-08-2015 02:06 PM
Last Post: zorrocat
  Dylan Sprouse look (pics included) Wildcard 0 384 12-03-2015 11:58 AM
Last Post: Wildcard
  Long haircut advice with short sides for beard style (pics) flyingsock 1 1,659 09-03-2015 07:43 AM
Last Post: Panther