Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What short curly haircut should I get? Undercut or Taper cut?
07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
What short curly haircut should I get? Undercut or Taper cut?
I'm getting real tired of my current long haircut. I want something that looks like I care more about my appearance.

Here are two pictures. One of my hair when it's down, which is how I have it on a day to day basis. And another photo of my hair tied back, so you can see my face shape and hairline.

Can anyone suggest a new hairstyle for me? It's been suggested that I get an undercut, similar to this:

[Image: uCkWRFs.jpg]

What do you guys think?
Many thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: What short curly haircut should I get? Undercut or Taper cut?
Mate you have some really nice curls for that long hair length that you have at the moment. As a barber I do understand tho that long curly hair can look a bit shaggy and shorter curls will make you look sharper.

The haircut in the picture is not an undercut. It's a taper haircut for curly hair. A short taper haircut for curly hair is a great haircut option. You have the perfect hair length to just walk into your barbershop to tell your barber to give you a short taper haircut done with a hair clipper only and to leave the hair on the top with four inches of hair length. Four inches if about ten centimetres of hair if you use the metric system.

The hairstyle of the picture is called a shake and go. If you read the book called 'The Curly Hair book' it is described there as one of the best hairstyles for coiled curly hair. Coiled curly hair is when your hair curls like ringlets or coils which is what you have. You can also see

To style a shake and go you can use hair mousse or a styling cream for the hair on the top. You just style your hair back with your fingers and then shake your head so the curls stay on the top in a natural fashion. If you want to achieve the volume faster you can also use a hair dryer. But the problem with hair dryers for curly men is that they can create a lot of frizz if you use a cheap hair dryer.

See this hair dryers thread for a list of great hair dryers than you can use to style this curly hairstyle. Any of those hair dryers will work fantastically for your curls and to get that carefree and natural curly hairstyle with the short taper haircut. Remember to tell your barber that you want a short taper haircut with a hair clipper only on the sides and back of the head and then that you want four inches of hair length on the top of the head.

For a good hair styling cream or hair mousse see this official hair products thread. Go down the thread a tad as all hair products for men are listed and you will find a section for the hair styling creams and hair mousses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 192 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 200 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 11,021 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 228 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203