Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's a Good Hairstyle For Me?
04-03-2014, 05:05 PM
What's a Good Hairstyle For Me?
I have attached a picture of my face and my current hair, I'm open to any suggestions. I know I had a thread up, but since that was a few days ago I thought I'd make a new one with a picture attached. Thanks in advance.

Also on a side note, what is my face shape?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 02:16 AM
RE: What's a Good Hairstyle For Me?
Hello

To me you look like you have a oval face, that's good news, you will suit most hairstyles

You hairstyles looks pretty great, I wouldn't change it much tbh, sounds like your bored so if you feel like having a change or modifying it then go for it

Advice I would give would be to
Maybe grow your sides and back a bit so it's like a shaggy or have them shorten more like a undercut, it's looks like that now but maybe go one more down ie 3# on the shavers next time you have your haircut so the to top of your hair stands out even more

Or instead of have a messy brush up/sides what you do now, have it more messy to the sides or completely brush up instead (but the style you have now is the best, the out of bed look is always a winner with me)

Another thing you could consider is adding a bit of colour to it maybe just your fringe something like that
Or if your willing, buy some straighteners and straighten your hair on top to give it some more style, might take away your "out of bed look" but it's a fantastic option to use if for example you were going out clubbing

Not sure what else to advise on, I like your hair as it now, I wouldn't recommend changing too much as your got a good style going on their but it's your hair at the end of the day so go for whatever you feel like
04-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I pretty much agree with what Shane88 has mentioned above.

I would avoid undercuts unless you can get a good barber who is skillful at smoothing the edges of the undercut. You have a lot of hair (this is a good thing) and the angles of your temples are not suited for the Undercut. Instead, a taper like you have is a solid option. You can go shorter in the taper or longer like Shane mentioned.

What you currently have is what we call a convertible haircut, meaning that you can style it as you want ad have many options available. A modern slicked back hair (click to read our guide) is a solid option for your hair type. Your hair type and density plays well for a shaggy/messy, so consider a shaggy cut like Shane mentioned (he got one recently too). If you want a shaggy cut, go to a hairdresser or hairstylist and not a barber, as most barbers can't cut layers if their lives depended on it Big Grin (joking, but it is true many barbers haven't caught up with the times of the more modern mens hairstyles).

Lastly, your hair is the kind that fares very well with hair wax. Our recommendations are, this TIGI one for messy styles (i.e. tousling the hair and shaggy cuts) and this Gatsby one for shaping the hair (i.e. quiff). If you go ahead and do a modern slick back, then the Suavecito pomade will be the one to get (all the recommended hair products are included in the slicked back hair guide, including another pomade for a higher shine look).

In summary, keep length on the top, and try to keep a taper, whether the hair is longer or shorter, is up to you, but avoid Undercuts and very sharp cuts.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I did try an undercut once and it looked strange, now I know why haha. Would something like a brush-up or metro-mullet hairstyle work?
04-04-2014, 12:54 PM
The undercut seems to be a bit of a hit or miss style tbh some dudes can look great but on others it can make one look awkward LOl
I think the haircut you have right now suits you and like TMHF mentioned its convertible so the haircut is not something to worry about Imo instead the styling... yes for quiff or a brush up. Metro mullet... dunno man depends where you live. In USA anything that looks like a mullet even if stylish is looked down upon cause of the rednecks and their mullets tho in Europe the hairstyle is killing it.

Also a messy hairstyle I will agre with both TMHF and Shane. Just make sure you go to a hair salon cause I know of 1st hand experience barbers can't get a good shaggy haircut. Or at least the old barbers that can do awesome taper haircuts but somehow they are still stuck in the 60s male fashion trends LOL
04-04-2014, 06:34 PM
So would combining the two styles (messy + brush up) be a good idea?
04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
(04-04-2014 06:34 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  So would combining the two styles (messy + brush up) be a good idea?

Yes. The brush up is actually a messy hairstyle since it lacks definition like for example spiky hair. But sure you can tousle it as much as you want. As long as hair is up & vertical is cool.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 51 12-07-2016 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 72 12-06-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 115 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 302 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98