Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's This Hairstyle of Who Killed Mickey & How to Style?
06-04-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 07:11 PM by Strut.)
Question What's This Hairstyle of Who Killed Mickey & How to Style?
Hey guys,

I don't really have a hairstyle. It's straight and medium in length all around and I usually put some product to scruff it up a bit. Bit I had stumbled across a DJ who goes by the name 'WhoKilledMickey' and thought his haircut was pretty cool. Just wanted to know what it was called and how to cut it like this. I apologize for not linking any pictures, I do not have a high enough post count yet but the best place to find pictures are on his Facebook page or Instagram. Google Images doesn't show many results.

Thanks in advance,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 06:37 AM
This is how to style DJ Who Killed Mickey's hairstyle and the hair products to use!
The hairstyle of DJ Who Killed Mickey is a blowout side fringe. Similar to your typical EMO hairstyle. It's a shaggy haircut with some asymmetric hair intended to enhance the side fringe, at least from what I can see from his pictures (which usually have low lighting, not good to tell what a hairstyle is).

I'll post some pictures of the haircut of DJ WhoKilledMickey. You can see (those with a trained eye) the asymmetry and taper, so I suggest that you go to a hairdresser and ask for a shaggy haircut. Tell your hairdresser that you intend to wear a messy side fringe or messy side part on the top of your head and show him or her the pictures below (or at least one of them). That will give your hairdresser a good visual cue on where to start and where to finish the haircut.

The haircut on the sides (and back) of the head is a regular taper haircut, nothing too difficult for an experienced hairdresser.

As for hair products to use, you will want to use a good hair wax and a good hair dryer. The hair wax will help you to lock in the messy look while the hair dryer will help you to augment the hair volume and overall volume of the hairstyle. Simply coat your damp hair (e.g. after a shower) with a good styling wax (see below for recommendation) and then use your fingers to style your hair to the right while tousling it at the same time with your fingers.

Once you have done the side styling with your fingers and the hair wax, continue to style your hair to the side but this time keep your hair dryer pointed to the hair on the front of your head. Do not dry your hair fully, leave some dampness on it. You can use more hair wax on your hair as you keep side styling your hair with your fingers and with the hair dryer pointed to it.

Since the look of DJ Who Killed Mickey that you're going for has a strong "messy hair" component, the best thing that you can do is to just get a good haircut, get good hair products and get practicing with the hairstyle.

For a hair wax, go with this TIGI hair wax in the link which will take you to a post where the TIGI hair wax is recommended. It's the perfect type of hair wax for your messy side fringe hairstyle.

As for good hair dryers, have a look at the following linked list of recommended hair dryers for men and pick the one that suits your budget (and pocket) the best. The great thing about hair dryers is that you can use them for just about any other men's hairstyles, and a good hair dryer is, by far, the best product for a male to achieve plenty of volume on his hair.

[Image: xlnpKpc.jpg]

[Image: 1465250_203573229827828_553025224_n.jpg?...e=55F82CA1]

[Image: MlXpW2N.jpg]

[Image: BoqFBFP.jpg]

[Image: ebbymei.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 162 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 184 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 6,232 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Jack O'Connell Unbroken Hair Products to Use for Hairstyle rinsnrepeat 0 354 07-11-2016 10:54 AM
Last Post: rinsnrepeat