Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What products for thick hair?
01-14-2015, 10:30 PM
What products for thick hair?
I'm just started growing my hair out! my hair is very thick and straight. what shampoo and conditioner should I use for this type of hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: What products for thick hair?
Hi mate! if by thick hair you're talking about dense hair (this is what most guys actually mean) then go for lightweight hair products. For a conditioner try one without silicones, the Tresemme line of products has a very good silicone free conditioner. I have recommended it to some of the lads coming to our barbershop who also have thick hair and they get great results from it.

For a shampoo go with any of the regular shampoos you see recommended in the forum all the time. Maybe even go with the Tresemme shampoo too if you wanna get the full brand experience. Their shampoo is unisex and so is their conditioner anyway.

For hair styling products go with water based pomade or styling wax or styling gum. Avoid any thickening hair products as they will make your hair harder to style. A good water based pomade is Layrite while a good water based styling wax is the one from Tigi. Both products are recommended by other barbers in the forum and from what I have read in the forum from forum members they too are getting great results from them.
Cheers!
01-15-2015, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 11:10 AM by Bradley.)
Forgot to add something along the lines of hair gel. If you want to use hair gel go with the light hold hair gels. If you want a little more control when your hair gets long, then go with a medium hold hair gel but avoid the strong hold gels.
Tigi has a couple good hair products and so does the Short Sexy hair brand. A forum mod (also a barber) posted this thread with recommended hair gels - http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-and-More

Check that thread for good hair gels. The Biosilk hair gel recommended in the thread is pretty good for long hair and casual hairstyles.
01-15-2015, 11:19 AM
(01-15-2015 11:05 AM)Bradley Wrote:  Hi mate! if by thick hair you're talking about dense hair (this is what most guys actually mean) then go for lightweight hair products. For a conditioner try one without silicones, the Tresemme line of products has a very good silicone free conditioner. I have recommended it to some of the lads coming to our barbershop who also have thick hair and they get great results from it.

For a shampoo go with any of the regular shampoos you see recommended in the forum all the time. Maybe even go with the Tresemme shampoo too if you wanna get the full brand experience. Their shampoo is unisex and so is their conditioner anyway.

For hair styling products go with water based pomade or styling wax or styling gum. Avoid any thickening hair products as they will make your hair harder to style. A good water based pomade is Layrite while a good water based styling wax is the one from Tigi. Both products are recommended by other barbers in the forum and from what I have read in the forum from forum members they too are getting great results from them.
Cheers!

thanks for your feedback. it was really helpful and I will try those products out
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 87 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 89 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 323 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 161 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz