Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What mirror to use for haircuts I give myself??
01-18-2014, 08:16 AM
What mirror to use for haircuts I give myself??
As the title says lads what would the best mirror to use for giving myself haircuts with my hair clipper and shears?? am using two regular mirrors atm and it i'm wondering if theres better options out there when it comes to mirrors for cutting ones hair...
Something like that I can either hang of the wall or leave fixed while cutting m hair. No need to be barbershop style just something convenient and not too expensive...
cheers lads
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: What mirror to use for haircuts I give myself??
If you're going to be cutting your own hair then yeah it's a great idea to have a mirror specially made for cutting your own hair. We have talked about this topic some time before in the forum and we mentioned that a set of mirrors in a panel work the best for giving urself haircuts.
You have 2 options, a mirror set that comes with several mirror panels or a stretchable mirror which you can use with your bathroom mirror to see all of your head. I would even say both types of mirrors if they fit your budget would work the best actually.
The options you can buy:

- This tri-fold mirror set, it comes with the main mirror panel then 2 mirror panels one on each side. Also with magnifying options and lighting options. Pretty good mirror set and the price is good enough. No need to hang it on the hang btw it stands on its own.

- This stretchable mirror, I have this one and is a very convenient solution, too convenient Big Grin you can adjust it to any distance so you can move around and still be able to check the back & sides of your head while checking urself in the main mirror you have in the bath or your room etc It has a mirror on each side and one of the sides the mirror is a magnifying mirror so you can really check how detailed you got your haircut or shaving

Having the 2 mirror options would be the best option but having only one is a good option too so purchase it/them as it fits your budget.
Btw the 2 mirror options above for haircuts are also great for styling your hair and for shaving too so they are worth the look if you like your polished daily grooming Smile
01-18-2014, 04:24 PM
RE: What mirror to use for haircuts I give myself??
Those two options presented by Jurgen are great to do with. By having any of the two or even both together, your cutting of your hair will become even easier.

Just about the only risky hair cutting you could partake in is when doing taper cuts and fades as you need to ensure the gradual decrease in hair length remains even across the horizontal lines, and that's where extra mirrors like the ones suggested above by Jurgen become very valuable. If you are going to be getting Undercuts (regular or 2 step) or simply be hair trimming the top and sides with shears or the clipper, then these mirrors will provide you a huge advantage and you'll be able to give yourself barber-like haircuts (although this will take some time as you get better with the clipper and shears).

Down the line and long term, having your own mirrors and hair clipper will equate massive savings from not going to the barbershop as frequently or not even going anymore!

If you're interested in buying a good hair clipper, even if you have one already, then do also go to our hair clippers discussion thread and see the different models that are worth purchasing. If you got some good cash to to invest in a great hair clipper, then look no further and go with this high-end cordless hair clipper which comes with the whole hair clipping and barbering set. The only issue I can see is that once you have the mirrors and that hair clipper at home, your friends will start visiting your house more often for free haircuts (and I'm talking from experience!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair clipper for beginners to get haircuts at home? Fioto 1 1,691 09-26-2015 09:51 AM
Last Post: Mike Lowe
  Cordless hair clipper better than corded hair clippers for self haircuts? Machado 6 3,950 03-29-2015 07:22 AM
Last Post: Bradley
  Do certain conditioners give you headaches? GoodHair 4 1,413 03-15-2015 07:09 PM
Last Post: GoodHair