Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What length to stop showing scalp with blonde hair?
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
What length to stop showing scalp with blonde hair?
When my blonde hair is very short (near shaved) it shows the scalp a lot and it becomes a bit annoying. I really like short hairstyles for my straight hair but have never really stopped to think what length is the minimum to not show ant scalp. Anybody know? Thanks you Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: What length to stop showing scalp with blonde hair?
I have the same problem, anything below a number 3 in the guard shows my scalp badly.
05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
From my experience, the scalp will see through when the hair is clipped to about a 2 in guard length for men with blonde hair and a 3 in guard length for men with black hair.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
(05-20-2013 08:56 PM)Barber Wrote:  From my experience, the scalp will see through when the hair is clipped to about a 2 in guard length for men with blonde hair and a 3 in guard length for men with black hair.

Agreed.

Not only hair colour but also skin colour as well as hair density will also play an important role in determining how much scalp is seen at the lower end of the guard-number range.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
thank you both, so what would the shortest length to ask for when geting a haircut and not get the scalp to show?
05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
(05-21-2013 05:53 PM)Stevens Wrote:  thank you both, so what would the shortest length to ask for when geting a haircut and not get the scalp to show?

If you don't want to risk it when getting a haircut, go for at least a #3 guard length.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
(05-21-2013 06:59 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  
(05-21-2013 05:53 PM)Stevens Wrote:  thank you both, so what would the shortest length to ask for when geting a haircut and not get the scalp to show?

If you don't want to risk it when getting a haircut, go for at least a #3 guard length.

Yep, a three is usually the lowest safe guard to avoid showing the scalp no matter your hair color.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Blonde hair is annoying like that. Number three preferably and maybe some wax to ruffle it up, helps hair stick together so less scalp is shown, and also makes hair appear a shade darker
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dry scalp, possible receding problem limehousecas 0 417 09-17-2015 02:24 AM
Last Post: limehousecas
  Scalp Psoriasis and Seborrhoeic dermatitis with hair loss? Jonny 0 503 08-16-2015 12:47 PM
Last Post: Jonny
  Left part, medium length hairstyle: what to ask for? mede342 1 801 07-13-2015 03:14 PM
Last Post: BigMan