Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of beard style should I get with an undercut
07-07-2015, 01:21 AM
What kind of beard style should I get with an undercut
My beard is pretty patchy but I don't mind I just turned 17 but I don't wanna be clean shaven either. Also it grows very slow, the picture I'm going to attach is about 6 weeks worth. I was thinking a wide chin strap, but I'm not sure how that would look. Lemme know thanks

Thinking about
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 07:19 AM by Mike Lowe.)
RE: What kind of beard style should I get with an undercut
I work in Manhattan and I can tell you that long facial hair with an undercut is very trendy here. You will see guys here in Manhattan with more beard styles than just the typical hipster beard. I actually think that the hipster beard has had its fifteen minutes of fame and now it is just too predictable.

If you head off to Brooklyn which is where some guys say that the hipster culture was started as well as the man bun trend and hipsters trend, you will see guys are just growing their facial hair long. Not everyone can grow a full beard I know that I can't. So just do with what you have and grow it all long. I would side with that over the chinstrap style. I have seen the chinstrap style with the undercut here too so it isn't like you will be having a style that dudes aren't wearing.

I think that the chinstrap beard style looks good on you but I've always seen a chinstrap as a very rural facial hairstyle, the suff you expect to see in the deep south! Big Grin but then the hipster beard style was also what I always considered a rural facial hairstyle and see how popular it got.

Do you have any pictures of how your beard looks when you just grow it out without shaping it? I'm pretty sure the guys here will be able to help you more especially the forum barbers. They usually let you post pictures when you make your first post or at least that's what they did in my case without even asking if they could upgrade my account.

Just my two cents.

Edit: have you seen this thread? it's a huge thread with lots of pictures of beard styles with different men's haircuts and hairstyles:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 78 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 80 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  How to grow full beard without facial hair looking silly? 13C200 0 189 10-01-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: 13C200
  Beard and dermatitis Danoptic 0 214 08-02-2016 12:01 PM
Last Post: Danoptic