Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the style name of Hitler mustache?
12-19-2014, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 09:37 AM by Anton.)
What is the style name of Hitler mustache?
I swear i am not trolling here, just curious, what's the style name of the mustache that Adolf Hitler had? Is it called the Hitler mustache? or does it have some other evil name? lol I noticed we had another thread on Stalin mustache but not of Hitler so there's the question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 11:46 AM
A toothbrush mustache.
The mustache style of Adolf Hitler is called a toothbrush mustache. Extremely rare though.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Pictures of Hitler's mustache.
And not the most stylish of all mustaches either.

[Image: 129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_static_adolf-hitler.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_moh4l0mdTQ1reh0fqo7_400.jpg]

[Image: Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S62600,_Adolf_Hitler.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Picture of Hitler without mustache.
This is a picture of Adolf Hitler without mustache. Mind-blowing how much of a difference such small amounts of facial hair (no less concentrated above the lips) can make such a drastic change on men's facial aesthetics.

Som historians believe that Adolf Hitler's mustache was there to hide his harelip aka cleft lip (although Hitler's cleft lip was minimal, if any).

[Image: ed4a4043d957b5953e125a1e601bc083.jpg]

[Image: 33ea582ee204bda71d5952447f96e5d8.jpg]

02-20-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: What is the style name of Hitler mustache?
And now for a history lesson:

Hitler fought in WW1 when he was young. Back then, as you may know, male fasion still included an abundance of facial hair, like mutton chops and handlebar mustaches. But WW1 was also the first time chemical weapons were used on a large scale and, well, let's just say a gas mask does not quite work with those big sideburns. So that style of mustach was pretty much the "crew cut for facial hair",the only style allowed since it did not interfere with the correct use of a gas mask. And Hitler kept the habit from his day in the service.

Because of this rules, enforced by officers on both sides of the conflict, the habit to shave daily and use some less ostentatious beard styles was born since veterans kept the habit of shaving daily when they returned home. WW1 was also the business boom for Mr. Gilette who won a supply contract with the US Army due to the demand of inexpensive razors to be supplied to the troops in the front.

One last curiosity: Hitler was victim to mustard gas on a battle in WW1 and he found the experience so horrible he refused to use chemical weapons on WW2, even though his generals advised him to do so. Guess that proves even the personification of evil is capable of some degree of honor. Unless you count the towsends of civilians sent to gas chambers...
02-21-2015, 07:20 AM
RE: What is the style name of Hitler mustache?
(02-20-2015 07:05 PM)Il_Cavalieri Wrote:  And now for a history lesson:

Hitler fought in WW1 when he was young. Back then, as you may know, male fasion still included an abundance of facial hair, like mutton chops and handlebar mustaches. But WW1 was also the first time chemical weapons were used on a large scale and, well, let's just say a gas mask does not quite work with those big sideburns. So that style of mustach was pretty much the "crew cut for facial hair", the only style allowed since it did not interfere with the correct use of a gas mask. And Hitler kept the habit from his day in the service.

Because of this rules, enforced by officers on both sides of the conflict, the habit to shave daily and use some less ostentatious beard styles was born since veterans kept the habit of shaving daily when they returned home. WW1 was also the business boom for Mr. Gilette who won a supply contract with the US Army due to the demand of inexpensive razors to be supplied to the troops in the front.

One last curiosity: Hitler was victim to mustard gas on a battle in WW1 and he found the experience so horrible he refused to use chemical weapons on WW2, even though his generals advised him to do so. Guess that proves even the personification of evil is capable of some degree of honor. Unless you count the towsends of civilians sent to gas chambers...

Thanks for the history snippet! I had heard before about the gas masks and facial hair hazard, so it's great to hear that coming from you too. It's interesting to note how the different military wear/clothing had an effect on the actual scalp hair and facial hair of men in the military.

The helmet was another military accessory that had an effect on men's haircuts. It led to men having to keep their hair very short so as to not risk getting their hair clipped into the helmet or having it misplaced due to the hair's own mass.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Changed my beard style and found why my old facial hair was wiry twohandedsword 1 904 06-13-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: Bracken
Lightbulb 5 Epic Mustache Styles for the Classic Gentleman Sunset 2 3,308 02-14-2016 12:48 PM
Last Post: Markjasper
  Advice on how to grow a beard with symmetric style growth anthonystoner30 0 1,454 07-19-2015 07:17 PM
Last Post: anthonystoner30
  What kind of beard style should I get with an undercut Reallyknowi2 1 1,427 07-07-2015 07:17 AM
Last Post: Mike Lowe