Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the name of this hairstyle of Luis Lopez from GTA V?
03-26-2015, 05:01 AM
What is the name of this hairstyle of Luis Lopez from GTA V?
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so I would love to say hi to all of you out there.

I have one quick question, so I won't waste much of your time.

I'm interested in this hairstyle but I don't know if there is a specific name for it so I will post a few photos

So I was wondering if it was possible to get this haircut on my own, I mean my friend would do it for me.
The thing is, he is doing my haircut for a few years now, and he is not a professional or anything like that, and for 6-7 years now I was always cutting my hair to the "near bald" look (there would be around 1cm of hair left) but I want to try something different now and I think that this one from the photo will fit me perfectly.

Could you give me any tips on getting this same haircut? What sizes to use, where to leave hair and where to cut?

Thank you very much Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2015, 05:02 AM
RE: What is the name of this hairstyle
It seems that I'm unable to post links since I don't have enough posts so to find the hairstyle I'm looking for just google "luis lopez haircut" and look at the photos Smile
03-26-2015, 05:38 AM
The hairstyle of Luis Lopez from GTA V is a High Fade haircut.
I take it that you're talking of the Luis Lopez character in GTA V, correct? I've posted some illustrations of him below.

Luis Lopez haircut is called a High Fade haircut. It's a very fast and short taper cut done with hair clippers. While not a super complicated haircut, you need to find a skilled barber who can cut fade haircuts. Usually barbershops that cater primarily to black guys (if you live in the USA) will have someone on site who can clip a good High Fade.

The High Fade is a haircut typically worn by young black males as well as military men (see both links for more pictures of the High Fade cut). It goes very well with any hair type (and race), but the fading pattern is less visible on blond hair as opposed to black hair.

[Image: 265ade17822faad18c8f15b7126c7a0b.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nk8c4pxpro1rmwrsuo1_500.jpg]

[Image: 1096d18a7c9b73d240003ec89eb45d9f.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-26-2015, 05:55 AM
Well thank you very much. Yes it's the Luis from GTA IV.

That is the haircut that I'm going for because I had the same one a long time ago and I really liked it because it look's nice and it's simple (no need for much caring about your hair)
I have some hair clippers that came with my haircut "machine" and we even tried to get something similar and it was kinda good but we had trouble making it look proportional, because first we did not know how much hair we should cut, and where should we leave some hair but I guess it's the best to go to a barber and let him do his job.

I will send you an old photo of my hair in private messages just so you can see it.

And once again, thank you very much for your time, you helped me a lot.

P.S. Sorry for the horrible english, we don't use it in my country Smile
03-26-2015, 06:02 AM
I'm not a hairstylist but when I have tried to cut my own hair with a fade haircut I found the same issue with the proportions of the haircut. Well it was my friend cutting my hair and I would cut his hair, but we had the same problem. We headed to a downtown barber and he told us that the rest of haircuts are fine for self cutting but that the fade haircut was an art lol don't know if the guy was serious about the art stuff but he look quite passionate about it as he was fading our hair.

I don't get fade haircuts anymore as I have grown my hair longer but they are pretty epic haircuts for guys with short hair.
03-26-2015, 06:55 AM
(03-26-2015 06:02 AM)Cool Hair Guy Wrote:  I'm not a hairstylist but when I have tried to cut my own hair with a fade haircut I found the same issue with the proportions of the haircut. Well it was my friend cutting my hair and I would cut his hair, but we had the same problem. We headed to a downtown barber and he told us that the rest of haircuts are fine for self cutting but that the fade haircut was an art lol don't know if the guy was serious about the art stuff but he look quite passionate about it as he was fading our hair.

I don't get fade haircuts anymore as I have grown my hair longer but they are pretty epic haircuts for guys with short hair.
Thank you for posting. Yeah like I said, the proportions were the biggest problem, and I guess if everybody could do it that we would not need barbers at all Big Grin

The thing is that I got my own equipment and I haven't visited the barber shop in a long time because I'm doing it the same way as you, friend does my hair and than I give him a haircut and I guess we saved a lot of money that way. But now, after all those years, I wanted to try a small change, and I think that this fade will be perfect.

Also, how long I should let my hair grow to get this same hairstyle from the photography, right now my hair is around 1.5/2 cm since I had a haircut few days ago.
03-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Mastering the Fade haircut is indeed an art in itself!
I've just upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. We prefer that any questions seeking advice be posted publicly on threads instead of being asked to us over private threads. By doing the former, we can ensure that other forum visitors can benefit from our answers, so feel free to embed any pictures you want now and let us know who was it the haircut you had then and your hairstyle goal.

Indeed, the High Fade is a skilled haircut. It takes a lot of practice to master the Fade and cut it in a short time span. Bear in mind that the faster a barber can cut your Fade, the faster he can take in the next customer and thus service more clients per day, netting him a higher revenue per day.

Due to the skill and mastery required to do a good Fade cut, I would not be surprised if your barber said to you that the Fade haircut was an art! Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-26-2015, 07:46 AM
(03-26-2015 07:02 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I've just upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. We prefer that any questions seeking advice be posted publicly on threads instead of being asked to us over private threads. By doing the former, we can ensure that other forum visitors can benefit from our answers, so feel free to embed any pictures you want now and let us know who was it the haircut you had then and your hairstyle goal.

Indeed, the High Fade is a skilled haircut. It takes a lot of practice to master the Fade and cut it in a short time span. Bear in mind that the faster a barber can cut your Fade, the faster he can take in the next customer and thus service more clients per day, netting him a higher revenue per day.

Due to the skill and mastery required to do a good Fade cut, I would not be surprised if your barber said to you that the Fade haircut was an art! Big Grin
Thank you again, you are very kind Smile

Here is the old photo and I'm sorry about the size, but I was not able to find the bigger one, since I used this one for an avatar and it's the only one available right now, but I think that you will be able to see the hairstyle that I'm going for.

[Image: b3fe4d56f1d9e810e28fc46ed21c69ff.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 22 Today 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 51 Yesterday 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 107 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 298 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98