Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best haircut for curly hair?
05-11-2013, 07:46 PM
What is the best haircut for curly hair?
As per the question lol My curly hair is really annoying and i am so glad to find a forum related to hair. Perhaps you guys can help me with getting a decent haircut for curly hair?

My hair is coiled (ISEZ hait type) and thick like you would not believe lol Grows up and puffy, what would be the best haircut for such hair? Thank you!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: What is the best haircut for curly hair?
It really depends o what you want done for your curly hair.

Having said the above, having your sides and back of the head clipped in a taper or fade is always an excellent haircut choice for short hair as curly hair will grow like a helmet and out at short lengths. Every time I go back to short hair, I always get my sides and back clipped, then leave the top freestyled, which I find works great.

As your barber/hairdresser too, and ideally have some pictures to bring along to help him/her in giving you a neat short haircut for your curly hair.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: What is the best haircut for curly hair?
I would agree with Curly Hair (ehem Rogelio ehem), he knows his stuff. What I've noticed with curly hair is that it will take very long to hang down, vene curly hair that is loose. For that alone, you are best choosing a haircut for curly hair that keeps your sides and back buzzed and then do the actual shaping on the top.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 290 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 194 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 223 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,059 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum