Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a teenie weenie afro?
05-10-2013, 04:04 PM
What is a teenie weenie afro?
I read before the term "teenie weenie afro", including on this thread of Lenny Kravitz hairstyles but Im unsure what it means. Anyone know?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: What is a teenie weenie afro?
A teenie weenie Afro (also known as a TWA) is an afro of a short length, typically 1-2 inches long and same length all around. It's the baby form of the common Afro hairstyle Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-10-2013, 04:42 PM
(05-10-2013 04:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  A teenie weenie Afro (also known as a TWA) is an afro of a short length, typically 1-2 inches long and same length all around. It's the baby form of the common Afro hairstyle Smile

+1

What's your current hair length now Toulalan? I read you wanted to grow your afro textured hair long?
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
(05-10-2013 04:04 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  I read before the term "teenie weenie afro", including on this thread of Lenny Kravitz hairstyles but Im unsure what it means. Anyone know?

Like the previous gents have mentioned, a Teenie Weenie Afro is nothing more than a short Afro. A Teenie Weenie Afro (TWA) is normally the result of a "big chop", which is when a (typically) female cuts her straightened hair to start growing her natural kinky hair. When the kinks start to grow, they automatically group together to form a small Afro, which will be the foundation of growth for a future Afro or other afro hairstyles.

(05-10-2013 04:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  A teenie weenie Afro (also known as a TWA) is an afro of a short length, typically 1-2 inches long and same length all around. It's the baby form of the common Afro hairstyle Smile

(05-10-2013 04:42 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  

+1

What's your current hair length now Toulalan? I read you wanted to grow your afro textured hair long?

I'm surprised you 2 are aware of what a TWA is too. It's a fairly unknown term outside of "natural hair" circles. Admins and mods know getting hardcore on hair terms? Tongue

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-13-2013, 02:20 PM
(05-11-2013 08:05 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 04:04 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  I read before the term "teenie weenie afro", including on this thread of Lenny Kravitz hairstyles but Im unsure what it means. Anyone know?

Like the previous gents have mentioned, a Teenie Weenie Afro is nothing more than a short Afro. A Teenie Weenie Afro (TWA) is normally the result of a "big chop", which is when a (typically) female cuts her straightened hair to start growing her natural kinky hair. When the kinks start to grow, they automatically group together to form a small Afro, which will be the foundation of growth for a future Afro or other afro hairstyles.

+1

I'm surprised you 2 are aware of what a TWA is too. It's a fairly unknown term outside of "natural hair" circles. Admins and mods know getting hardcore on hair terms? Tongue

We just like to read your books too much Tongue
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Love the replies. Makes more sense now!!
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
(05-13-2013 02:20 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  

+1

My books ain't hardcore enough Jurgen Big Grin

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-13-2013, 02:53 PM
(05-13-2013 02:25 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  Love the replies. Makes more sense now!!

Hang around the forum Toulalan, a lot of hair-related stuff will start to make sense as I can relate to not having a clue what all those abbreviations stand for.

05-13-2013, 07:46 PM
(05-13-2013 02:52 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  

+1

Think it was more tongue in cheek Wink

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-13-2013, 08:18 PM
(05-13-2013 07:46 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

+1

I really need to update on my internet language; it's so 1998.

05-13-2013, 08:55 PM
(05-13-2013 08:18 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  

+1

lol you guys are killing me. Love the vibe of this forum!
05-14-2013, 05:19 PM
(05-13-2013 08:55 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  
(05-13-2013 08:18 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  

+1

lol you guys are killing me. Love the vibe of this forum!

Part of the goal of this forum is to make our community a fun one! Smile

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 453 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  New guy Kinky afro questions Dragonflame476 1 597 07-04-2015 04:23 AM
Last Post: vividamnesia
Thumbs Down Massive afro hair style 5 times bigger than head! Curly Dude 1 821 04-11-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: Papa Papaya
  andrew bynum weird afro hair glued style AfroJay 10 4,931 08-22-2014 12:49 AM
Last Post: jaydee