Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hairstyle/haircut did you have as a kid?
06-13-2013, 10:15 PM
What hairstyle/haircut did you have as a kid?
The vast majority of us will have had a usual haircut and hairstyle that we would be forced to have when we were kids. Visit the barber and get the usual boring haircut that our parents would force on us. This thread is to discuss those haircuts and hairstyles that were forced on us as kids and to remember some good memories too Cool

Being the thread starter, I will go first: mine was a buzz cut, it used to be a two all over, no tapering, no fades, nothing. I looked like a fuzzy billiard ball Big Grin Then I became a teenager and tried to grow my locks but my mother would catch me and take me to the barber. Rinse and repeat. I still get my head buzzed, just not as frequently!

Your turn.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: What hairstyle/haircut did you have as a kid?
Bowl cut, bowl cuts everywhere!! and no tapering either, plain undercut, the top was like half an inch thicker across the line where it met the sides and the back. For some reason my mother would ask the barber for that haircut only, never an exception lol Good days.
06-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Man, I was buzzed and buzzed! My father had a hair clipper, one of those oldskool ones that were made of metal. And I'm not that old it's just my father had a bit of a barber thing in him !!
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
(06-14-2013 06:59 PM)Alex Wrote:  Man, I was buzzed and buzzed! My father had a hair clipper, one of those oldskool ones that were made of metal. And I'm not that old it's just my father had a bit of a barber thing in him !!

Sorry for bumping but this an interesting topic, I'm still in my teens but my father only accepted short all over, I'm not even allowed to use gel, though as I get older my father realises he cannot make choice for me
04-18-2014, 10:17 AM
(04-16-2014 10:02 PM)herehair Wrote:  
(06-14-2013 06:59 PM)Alex Wrote:  Man, I was buzzed and buzzed! My father had a hair clipper, one of those oldskool ones that were made of metal. And I'm not that old it's just my father had a bit of a barber thing in him !!

Sorry for bumping but this an interesting topic, I'm still in my teens but my father only accepted short all over, I'm not even allowed to use gel, though as I get older my father realises he cannot make choice for me.

Having your hair buzzed or really short in your child/teenage years is a very common thing since it reduces the grooming load of one's parents. However when men move out of their parents' house or when the parents allow their son to have his hair however he wants, then the dudes tend to go to the other extreme and grow the hair long Big Grin

Actually, once you can grow your hair longer than a very short length, it really feels like a whole new world of opportunities has just opened before you. The cool thing about hair (including facial hair) is that it can be styled and shaped in limitless ways and you can really create a customized look that will make you stand out from the crowd!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Count me in for buzzed hair. Its way is too easy for parents to keep the hair grooming in check and without worries. This is even more frequent imo when one has sisters as you just cannot buzz the hair of little girls... thats just mean. So parents buzz the hair of us boys while spending hours daily on our sisters hair.
04-24-2014, 07:04 AM
I've had many phases in my hair life, generally when I was growing up it was long, greasy and unstyled. Yeah, I'm a latecomer to style Blush
06-08-2014, 01:04 AM
(04-24-2014 07:04 AM)AD120790 Wrote:  I've had many phases in my hair life, generally when I was growing up it was long, greasy and unstyled. Yeah, I'm a latecomer to style Blush

Same! I never really used any product for my hair, so it was just the usual short hair for me.
08-22-2014, 12:39 AM
My mum would always get me a bowl haircut, the worst haircut ever, looks so dated in my old pictures.
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Caesars and buzz cuts... Ugh, those were the days. Though I must admit, I have difficult hair and a somewhat peculiar face shape. My hair is quite thick and straight. I'd make a thread about it in the Straight Hair subtopic but for some reason it won't let me.
09-15-2014, 05:11 PM
The mushroom cut. Don't ask me why....just don't. Smile
03-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Up until secondary school I had the same clipper all over, then as i got into my teenage years, I experimtented, fauxhawk, blond higlights, medium length. Now I rock a top knot, happy with it, for now.
11-09-2015, 06:19 AM
My parents were pretty cool about my brothers and mine hair. I had a Mohawk in first grade. But every summer it was a buzz cut. My dad would set up a bar chair in the driveway and buzz the whole neighborhood!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 53 Yesterday 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 254 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 185 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 209 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander