Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hair styling products to use for brush up hairstyle picture?
04-06-2015, 07:01 AM
What hair styling products to use for brush up hairstyle picture?
Hey guys, I really want to style my hair like him , I have my hair length around his, however when i put on wax , my hair would not look textured and would look extremely dry and a little frizzy at times, how do i get hair like his? I usually put wax on dry hair, am i doing it wrongly? Do i need more products or different products? Do i have to use wax a different way? Thank you

Mod edit: Picture of brush up hairstyle reference by OP is below.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: Hair styling
Here is the picture:

[Image: im88BKN.jpg]
04-08-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: What hair styling products to use for brush up hairstyle picture?
Could anyone please help me :/
04-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Depends on your hair type, but you need a couple things. First off your hair has to be at least 4-5+ inches to get this to work. This is one of those hairstyles which for most people hair wax alone won't do it, you need a decent blow-drier and brush, it's what will give you the basic shape of the hair and can show off your natural hair sheen pretty well if done right. Another thing you can do to add a bit more gloss and definition is to add a hair cream or even hair mousse before blow-drying. The wax should be the very last thing you add, and its purpose is to add hold and to kind of get everything in place.

There's a whole thread dedicated to this hairstyle, which includes a examples, tutorials, and recommend products, that can be found here.

If for some reason the products suggested in that thread don't work out for you, there's another thread here which has a list of products which have been tried and are recommended by some of the users here.
04-09-2015, 12:42 AM
thanks ill try to grow my hair longer!
04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Use a hair dryer and a hairstyling wax for the best Brush Up hairstyle!
What Good Hair said above is the right answer for you. A hair dryer is needed to get that kind of volume, and, since your picture is of a male model, I can assure you that hair dryers are used heavily in the fashion industry and specifically in the male fashion industry.

If you're interested in investing in a good hair dryer, then have a look at our hair dryers discussion for plenty of information and recommendations on hair dryers for men. You will need a hair dryer for a Brush Up hairstyle, but the good news is that a hair dryer will also help you tons with any other men's hairstyles. So it will be money well spent.

Styling wax should be your first spot. Grab a styling wax with a good hold like the TIGI styling wax in the Brush Up hairstyle guide linked above by GD. his particular styling wax will work great for the natural look you're wanting in your posted Brush Up picture.

A matte finish is what you're looking for, so a matte styling wax will work perfectly, and hence the recommendation of a TIGI wax which you will find a good source to buy from in either the Brush Up hairstyle guide linked in GD's post above as well as in our recommended hair products guide which you will find in this like and which was also very well recommended b GD above.

You may also want to grab another styling wax such as the ones from the Gatsby hair wax range to complement the textures that you'd like to get. In the Gatsby wax thread I've just linked to, you will find detailed descriptions and reviews of each Gatsby wax. You may want to buy the high-shine Gatsby wax detailed in that thread as it's the opposite in terms of finish to the TIGI wax. You're still getting the strong hold for that Gatsby wax, which is needed in a Brush Up hairstyle, yet you're also getting plenty of shine for a different Brush Up look.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-11-2015, 06:29 PM
(04-09-2015 10:42 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  What Good Hair said above is the right answer for you. A hair dryer is needed to get that kind of volume, and, since your picture is of a male model, I can assure you that hair dryers are used heavily in the fashion industry and specifically in the male fashion industry.

If you're interested in investing in a good hair dryer, then have a look at our hair dryers discussion for plenty of information and recommendations on hair dryers for men. You will need a hair dryer for a Brush Up hairstyle, but the good news is that a hair dryer will also help you tons with any other men's hairstyles. So it will be money well spent.

Styling wax should be your first spot. Grab a styling wax with a good hold like the TIGI styling wax in the Brush Up hairstyle guide linked above by GD. his particular styling wax will work great for the natural look you're wanting in your posted Brush Up picture.

A matte finish is what you're looking for, so a matte styling wax will work perfectly, and hence the recommendation of a TIGI wax which you will find a good source to buy from in either the Brush Up hairstyle guide linked in GD's post above as well as in our recommended hair products guide which you will find in this like and which was also very well recommended b GD above.

You may also want to grab another styling wax such as the ones from the Gatsby hair wax range to complement the textures that you'd like to get. In the Gatsby wax thread I've just linked to, you will find detailed descriptions and reviews of each Gatsby wax. You may want to buy the high-shine Gatsby wax detailed in that thread as it's the opposite in terms of finish to the TIGI wax. You're still getting the strong hold for that Gatsby wax, which is needed in a Brush Up hairstyle, yet you're also getting plenty of shine for a different Brush Up look.

thank you very much ill try Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 73 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 288 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 311 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 311 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz