Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hair styling product is used for Patrick Sharp haircut?
08-13-2015, 05:06 PM
What hair styling product is used for Patrick Sharp haircut?
Can anyone help in determining what hair styling product is Patrick Sharp using here for his haircut in this video? Clearly there is adequate hold and it has a shine to it. It appears to be some sort of gel, right?

It can't be a cream or wax. I'm looking for this type of hold. My hair does not hold creams or waxes well and my hair falls flat by noon. Drives me crazy everyday. Thank you for your help.

Here are two pictures of his hair:

[Image: AFlPySx.jpg]

[Image: o9HrRDl.jpg]

MODERATOR EDIT: See the video of Patrick Sharp's hairstyle on the next reply below, which also includes the type of men's hair product used by him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2015, 11:11 AM
The hair product for Patrick Sharp's hairstyle is a water based pomade from Layrite!
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes it's a bit tricky to find out which hair product is used by any particular male celebrity as some types of hair products for men do blend certain styling properties such as holding strength, shine level or texturized effect.

One of our moderators edited your post so as to place it in the right forum section. Since you also provided the video of Patrick Sharp's hairstyle, I will post it below embedded in this post and forum. Make sure to continue reading my reply below the video in this post as I will continue my reply on what type of hair product is used by Patrick Sharp for that type of shine and holding strength on his hair.

The video:

In the case above of Patrick Sharp's hair, the hair product used is a water-based pomade. In case that you don't know what a water-based pomade is, it's a type of pomade that is based on a water solution instead of the traditional mineral-oil solution (with or without petrolatum) that is typical of the older men's hair pomades.

The great thing about water-based pomades as opposed to the older oil-based pomades is that the former do provide pretty much the same benefits as the latter, plus water-based pomades are easier to wash off than oil-based pomades and do not give off the hyper greased-up texture when overused or if you used too much (this was one of the main reasons for water-based pomades being manufactured so as to replace, in a way, the old-school oil pomades).

As for which pomade is Patrick Sharp using for his side parted hairstyle, he's using this water-based pomade from Layrite which you will find reviewed in the link by one of our moderators and with plenty of information on this particular water-soluble pomade. It's a great hair product for your intention of emulating the hairstyle of Patrick Sharp with some shiny texture and strongly-held hair.

Pomades are one of the few products that we always recommend guys to own (at least one) and have at any given time at home. A pomade will add a unique texture to your hair that is unlike that achieved by hair gel, hair wax or hairstyling creams. Thus, I highly recommend that you not only get that Layrite pomade for Patrick Sharp's hairstyle but that you also keep a tub of it always handy for any occasions in which you want to sport some nice hair shine with a slicked side part hairstyle!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Video Video of George Clooney Hairstyle as Caesar Haircut in "From Dusk Till Dawn" TheMensHairForum 1 1,331 12-15-2015 04:51 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Cool Temple Fade haircut of Vincent Laresca and Tupac Shakur in Juice movie TheMensHairForum 0 2,518 12-11-2014 03:13 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Jake Gyllenhaal high and tight haircut video in Jarhead TheMensHairForum 0 2,591 08-24-2014 11:26 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum