Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hair style/products would you recommend for tall 22 yo? 0 0
What hair style/products would you recommend for tall 22 yo?
12-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Question What hair style/products would you recommend for tall 22 yo?
Hey, there - greetings from Lithuania!

So, I was wondering, what kind of hair style/cut would you recommend for a 22 year old guy? So far, I tried only one style a few years ago (picture added), but, some things happened and I couldn't, really, keep it and now I am wondering, whether I should return to it, or try something new. What do you think? Also, if you need any extra information (I read that some hair styles look good on tall people etc. (I am 194cm)) - write!

Also, while on the subject - what kind of hair products would you recommend (what is a good company to use etc.) ?

Thank you for your time, opinion and all the replies in advance!!

Hair style from a few years ago (copy/paste the link):
ibin.co/4Ptv0L1cyNtK.jpg

My hair/face shape right now (copy/paste the link):
ibin.co/4Ptv5xScPcUk.jpg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2018, 08:25 AM
Flat hairstyles tend to suit tall males & a blow dryer is a must-have for thin hair.
The best hairstyle that suits you is the one that you feel the best about and most confident with. Forget about face shape (another topic altogether); hair density, hair type and thickness as well as hairline shape (and head shape, not face shape) is what truly matters. Ultimately, it's whether you like a hairstyle or not. See our many hairstyle guides in this link and browse the different hairstyles to get ideas of what you'd like to wear. Hair is a commodity; it grows back if you screw something up.

Right off the bat, you have a high hairline and your hair density is low-to-average, which leaves see-through gaps when the hair is styled with a wet look (you can see that in the first picture). Don't worry; this is completely normal and is genetically determined.

As far as being so tall, flatter hairstyles suit tall men better. See these hairstyles for tall men to get ideas of the main ones that would suit you. It will also depend on how long you want your hair to be. Short? Medium Length? Long? If long, avoid a length longer than 8 inches as it will not work with your hairline and hair density.

The slicked-back hairstyle that you're wearing on your first picture looks really good on you, but it'd look better if you use a hair dryer to give it some more visual thickness. In fact, I highly recommend that you use a hair dryer to blow dry your hair when styling your hair. As you style your hair, point the hair dryer towards your hair being styled so that the warm air emitted by the hair dryer lifts the hair up. Continue styling until desired.

The use of a hair dryer is much recommended for folks with low-to-average hair density as it really adds visual bulk to the hair. So whatever hairstyle you decide from the link above on hairstyles for tall men, do use a hair dryer when styling said hairstyles.

As far as recommended hair products for your hair type and case, buy this hair wax (buy two if possible so it lasts you a long time) and use it for hairstyles in which you want more volume (along with the hair dryer). If you want your hair to stay flat or slicked back, then get this pomade which is very smooth, has a good hold and is very easy to wash. For a good, cheap hair dryer, buy this one here. These three recommended hair products in the links will be more than enough and are very affordable. You won't get them in Lithuania most likely, so you're better off getting them from where I've recommended.

One more thing: avoid the hairstyle on the last picture as it makes you look a lot older and it doesn't work well with your hairline and density. Side part the hair with the hair wax recommended and use a hair dryer. Much better results will be attained.

Lastly, it'd be in your great interest to buy yourself a copy of "The Men's Hair Book" by Rogelio Samson (see the book in this link) as it will really be of use to someone like you (it's basically an encyclopedia for men's hair but easily read and enjoyable to read).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Quiff Hairstyle Guide: How to Style, Hair Products, Pics and More Panther 3 153 12-14-2018 11:09 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Question Finding a style for fluffy, sticky-out unruly hair Cha55 0 320 05-24-2018 02:05 PM
Last Post: Cha55
  How do I style this style? Mikel79 0 416 03-20-2018 04:14 AM
Last Post: Mikel79
  Question About Using Multiple Products in Succession deaftolight 0 294 02-02-2018 04:08 PM
Last Post: deaftolight