Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Type of Haircut Should I Get?
10-21-2013, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 02:04 AM by itsjasonhh.)
What Type of Haircut Should I Get?
Hey all, I'm in need of haircut opinions. I have straight "Asian" hair, and I've been growing it out and doing some sort of comb-over, parting thing (sorry, don't really know the correct terms). Truth is, I'd rather have shorter hair that doesn't really require maintenance or styling. I would love opinions on what type of haircut would look good!
Me right now:
[Image: photo_zpsbecfa89a.jpg]

Without gel:
[Image: photo1_zps3f1474a4.jpg]

Me when I had a faux hawk
[Image: 644046_486013051420823_1735229601_n_zps96e773c6.jpg]

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: What Type of Haircut Should I Get?
LOL love the last picture! Big Grin

If you want a short haircut with low maintenance, go with a High and Tight haircut. Not only is the High and Tight haircut low maintenance but it is also different and add character to your personality.

We have covered the High and Tight Recon haircut in the military haircuts thread but feel free to ask questions about it. I also recommend you to buy a hair clipper for the Recon haircut so that you can give yourself the haircut whenever you want (every 2 weeks so you keep the top of the Recon looking boss).

What do you think of that hairstyle/haircut? It is really easy to do out of all the short low maintenance haircuts for men.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Looking at the pictures, I like it! I don't know how to fade the hair (if I were to touch it up every so often), so would it be hard to maintain?
10-21-2013, 10:53 AM
(10-21-2013 06:34 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  Looking at the pictures, I like it! I don't know how to fade the hair (if I were to touch it up every so often), so would it be hard to maintain?

Oh no, there's no fading in the High and Tight Recon, that's why it's an easy haircut to do. A fade haircut is more difficult because it needs the hair to be buzzed in horizontal layers. On the other hand, the High and Tight Recon allows you to buzz your hair with the same guard number (i.e. same hair clipper length) all over the sides and back of the head, and then you leave a small strip of hair on the top of your hair that is a bit longer than the sides and back.

I will post a couple of pictures that I can find of a High and Tight Recon. Expect another reply from me Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
As promised, here are 2 pictures of the High and Tight Recon haircut.

In the first picture, the man on the right has a High and Tight Recon. In the second picture, you can see how the High and Tight Recon looks from the top.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the input!
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I think an undercut would look nice too but I'm still a newbie so I might not be 100% correct.
10-26-2013, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 06:26 AM by Barber.)
(10-22-2013 11:42 AM)Riddler Wrote:  I think an undercut would look nice too but I'm still a newbie so I might not be 100% correct.

No, thats good advice mate. An undercut is usually a good measure when in doubt. The undercut is a long length version of the high and tight haircut suggested in this thread so you are in the good path with this advice.
I don't see the undercut hair thread so Ill post it here http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...IAL-thread
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
01-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Just went to a barbershop. She gave me a 1 to a 2 on the sides and back, and cut the top with scissors. She said that if I let the top grow a little bit longer I'd be able to style it more.

[Image: photo_zps035f5aad.jpg]

[Image: photo_1_zps6dbcdf1e.jpg]

[Image: photo_2_zps377b6adb.jpg]

Opinions?
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Looks very good, buddy!

Yes, a bit more length would give you more room for playing with hairstyles. I would say 6 weeks would be a good time frame to wait for. You have straight hair so your hair growth will be apparent very fast.

What is your final goal/hairstyle? Do you want to grow it a bit longer and try a messy hairstyle, a Quiff and other crafted styles?

01-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Thanks!

I don't really have a goal haha. Been looking at undercuts and whatnot, but not sure what to do with the hair on top. I was hoping for a sidesweep but I'm not sure how I would look with that.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 289 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 192 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 221 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,050 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum