Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing a wig?
09-04-2016, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 12:47 PM by Skyfather.)
Wearing a wig?
Hello all, I'm at the beginning of growing out my hair again after my family pressured me into cutting it many moons ago. However, this time around, I will be in school and will end up doing my residency before my hair fully grows out. Last time, it wasn't a huge deal because my employer didn't care.

This time around , I won't be so lucky. The hospitals only care in the sense that they want it tied back, but I know it won't be long enough to do that. I could layer tons of gels and stuff in my hair to slick it back but I'd rather not expose my hair to said chemicals.

So the idea I have, is to wear like a long haired wig that can be tied back? I'm not talking a cheap one either, I've found some nice looking human hair (no fake hair) ones and to me it would be worth every penny. Plus they are very close to my natural color, which is a bonus to me. But has anyone else done this or have any other ideas? I don't want to have to cut my locks again, but I sadly don't have the freedom to just let it grow like before.

Thank you for the input!! By far the best forum on the subject I've found in ages!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: Wearing a wig?
have you tried Bobby pins to keep your mane in position. I myself just got past the length required to tie a ponytail/bun and I've been using bobbypins/hair bands/alice bands to keep things tidy as I, like you, dislike using products.

p. s: Bobby pins require practice, if they don't work the first time you use em it probably means you need practice with them. There's a great vid here on how to use them on these forums (I can't post links yet sorry)

Now this isn't how 'I' use them but the information is still very good.
09-08-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Wearing a wig?
I haven't used/thought of Bobby pins. It's not long enough yet to need them, but that's a good idea. Thank you, I will have to look for that video you talk of. Thanks!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------