Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness?
10-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Bug Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness?
Guys!! I'm 19 years old and i always have a small balding spot on that area of my head. I wanna know something, do i suffer from baldness?? Or is it very normal or what??

I want to get a long hairstyle and keep my hair long. Will that make me go bald or at least have thinning hair on the sides?? Please help me.

I'm sorry for my bad English BTW.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Male pattern baldness at your age is extremely rare but possible nonetheless.
Welcome! I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. Simply add your pictures as attachments when you post your next reply or upload your pictures to a free image-hosting site like IMGur (search for it on Google). If you post your pictures, we'd be able to see what's going on with your hair.

Balding at your age is extremely rare and it has a very-strong genetic factor. Has anyone from your family gone bald before the age of 30? Go back to 3 o 4 generations on both sides of your family tree. When male pattern baldness affects males in their late teens, it is a very aggressive type of baldness and occurs very fast. Have you noticed that balding spot on your head appear in the last 6 to 12 months? Are you noticing that you are shedding (i.e. your hair is falling out) in bigger amounts than before?

Growing your hair long will not make you bald nor will it protect you from balding. The only drawback to long hair is that, when it is tied, it can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia if the hair is tied too tight and this is done over the span of several months. A long men's hairstyle that is known to cause traction alopecia is the top knot hairstyle. Other than that, you should be free of worries if growing your hair long and all that you care is going bald.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-11-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness?
Omg thank you sooooo much for you reply and for upgrading Big Grin
My grandfather from my father-side has a very thick hair and doesn't have any balding spots and he's 76 yo and my father has a perfect hairline and my brother too i think. My sister has thick hair, not any excessive hair failing... and my mother is normal not very thick and not so failing but my grandfather from my mother's side went bald when he was 22 yo... and BTW his sons (my uncles) non of them are bald... none of my uncles are bald.

*No i don't have excessive hair falling, maybe just a little but it's because my hair is longer now, the short hair is stronger than the long one.

*BTW take a look on the picture, it didn't happen suddenly, i don't remember having thick hair on the sides at all to be honest.

[Image: asZeEUf.jpg]
10-12-2015, 06:31 AM
There are no signs of male pattern baldness from the looks of your picture.
Your hairline is perfectly fine and what you have is very common. You have a maturing (if not fully-matured) hairline which occurs as part of becoming an adult male. The hairline recedes back a little and takes a more-squarish shape as it goes from a juvenile hairline (i.e. the hairline that you had when you were 12 years old) to your adult-male hairline.

You have no signs of male pattern baldness from what I can see in that picture. However, you've mentioned that one of your grandfathers went bald at the age of 22, which means that there is potentially a gene in your family tree that favors hair loss at a young age. Going bald at such a young age has a strong genetic component, and, whether you have that gene or not is merely a lottery. Thus, keep an eye on your hairline if you're worried about going bald.

What we recommend as far as keeping an eye on your hairline is to take pictures every 6 months. Take a frontal picture of your hairline (with the hair softly pulled back like in your picture above), a side-profile picture (with the hair pulled back too) and a top-view picture with the hair laying down naturally. The pictures must be taken when your hair is fully dry and without any hair products used. Likewise, the lighting for these pictures must be from the natural daylight and not from a lamp (especially if the lamp is facing you or on top of you).

You can post pictures for updates in our Blogging section to get feedback on how your hairline is faring and whether you've progressed into male pattern baldness.

Right now, though, your hairline is perfect and you've nothing to worry! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-15-2015, 02:10 PM
RE: Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness?
looks fine
Keep hair scalp clean and use good products to keep hair good especially since its longer side - like mine
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long Hair Male looking for hair care info before shaving locks - Hey xbadgerx 0 124 07-18-2016 02:34 AM
Last Post: xbadgerx
  Newbie Wants Long Hair ImNotSureIfiCanGrow 0 252 12-06-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: ImNotSureIfiCanGrow
  Long forehead Kasëm 0 283 11-29-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: Kasëm
  Hello from a long red hair and bearded fellow redmenace 1 539 09-29-2015 02:53 AM
Last Post: redmenace