Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vidal Sassoon hair straightener reviews?? forum experts
09-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Vidal Sassoon hair straightener reviews?? forum experts
I saw here in the forum some recent hair straightener reviews. So i would like to ask if anyone had a review for the Vidal Sassoon hair straightener? it is cheap as hell so I am tempted now to give it a go despite I know there are better ones for sure. I will be making my next Amazon shopping soon so might throw in the Vidal sassoon straightener.

Friend of my gf has it and she says it works fine but she already has straight hair so I can't see the point of using a hair straightener on straight hair. Anyway any reviews of the Vidal Sassoon straightener? much appreciated guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: Vidal Sassoon hair straightener reviews?? forum experts
I would be careful about buying a really cheap hair straightener. I know which one you mean and the Vidal Sassoon hair straighteners are not very good, to put it nicely. They sure are very cheap but you will find the plates breaking fast and using it will be an inconvenience.

Don't think it will be worth it unless you are very casual user of a hair straightener. Anything above twice a week us and you should try to get a better hair straightener. At least thats my opinion on it.

Here is a review from a lady who also had a Vidal Sassoon hair straightener. I am pretty sure she is talking of the regular straightener and not the ceramic one. If you are still going to buy the Vidal Sassoon hair straightener, get a ceramic one.

I would still wait for someone else to comment on this too. Perhaps a mod who can offer a recommended alternative. You can have a look at the hair straightener thread on the top 5 ionic straighteners thread I posted. Either way you should really think twice on how frequently your use is going to be and get a better quality straightener if you will be using it any more frequent than two days a week.

--------------

Flat irons aren't made just to straighten out curly hair, they are also great for people with wavy or straight hair. I know, why would someone with straight hair need a flat iron right? Well, I have straight hair but my hair curls in at the ends and I have days where my hair has a mind of it's own and goes every which way. For unruly hair, even the straight ones, flat irons come in handy because they're used to straighten hair from root to tip and keep it perfectly straight, smooth and sleek looking all day. A couple of years ago I replaced my dinosaur comb straightening iron with a flat iron by Vidal Sassoon.

About

This Vidal Sassoon flat iron has a square head and two metal flat irons used to straighten out hair. I wish I could give you more product description but I've had it for so long that I threw out the box a long time ago. My Vidal Sassoon flat iron doesn't say what model it is either so I haven't been able to Google search the product description.

My Experience

Pros

I've had my Vidal Sassoon flat iron for many years now and it's manage to hold up fairly well, still getting the job done. I like that it's affordable and is a brand that can easily be found at most drug stores, WalMart and Target. I believe I got my flat iron for around $30 maybe $35. Like I said, mine is a fairly old style one so the flat iron part of it is much wider than the ones that are available now. It's very easy to use, it works like any other flat iron. Just place a chunk of combed hair between the irons, hold for a moment and then slowly slide it all the way down. I like the color too. My Vidal Sassoon flat iron came in a light blue color. I also like that it cools down pretty fast.

Cons

There are definitely a few things that I thought my Vidal Sassoon flat iron could use some improvements on. The first thing is that it takes too long to heat up. Some of the other brands that I've tried only took a minute to two to fully heat up but mine takes a good five minutes to get hot enough to use. It's also bulky, heavy and cumbersome to use. I'd have to go over my hair twice to get my hair really smooth. The head of my flat iron is outdated, square, wide and heavy, not ideal for packing. I've also noticed that my Vidal Sassoon flat iron tends to pull out a few strands of hair every time I use it. I'm not sure what it's getting caught on but it never fails to put out hair.

Verdict

Vidal Sassoon's flat iron is not worth the money. I probably won't have mine for much longer and I don't plan on replacing it with another Vidal Sassoon flat iron. I'll most likely go with another brand.
09-25-2014, 03:00 PM
I would look at this BaByliss and HSI hair straighteners.
When it comes to hair straighteners, it is better to pay a little bit more and go with one of the tested brands. Vidal Sassoon has some good hairstyling products and even a decent hair dryer, but the hair straightener leaves some doubts.

The Vidal Sassoon hair straightener is still a (tourmaline) ceramic hair straightener, so it's better than nothing and certainly better than much of the crappy straighteners around. The price is quite affordable so if you don't mind it breaking at some point in the next year and not getting the most reliable results (but still decent results), then go for it. You can read more about the Vidal Sassoon straightener and even buy it for a really low price from THIS vendor.

If you have some cash to spare, then go with the time tested brands like BaByliss. If you want a life-long and superbly reliable hair straightener that gives awesome results, then don't think twice about it and buy THIS hair straightener. It's also 1 inch wide, so it's perfect for short, medium and medium-long men's hair!

If you want something between the very affordable Vidal Sassoon hair straightener and the high-end hair straightener in the link above (BaByliss), then go with THIS hair straightener which is a bestseller, has 1-inch wide plates (select them) and for which its price is unbeatable for what the hair straightener does (it's an ionic hair straightener!). Without a shred of a doubt, go with that hair straightener in the link I've just posted if you're not keen on the BabyLiss hair straightener or the Vidal Sassoon hair straightener.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Top dry shampoo reviews - Some of the best dry shampoos for men ElenaTheBarber 3 3,712 04-09-2015 01:12 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Wild growth hair oil reviews? AfroJay 1 1,478 12-22-2014 03:18 PM
Last Post: Robert
  Conair Infiniti flat iron reviews - Nano Silver Steam model ElenaTheBarber 1 982 12-04-2014 04:44 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Any Kerastase Hair Products reviews? Sunset 2 1,327 11-30-2014 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sunset