Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using minoxidil on chest hair will make it thicker or grow fuller? 5 1
Using minoxidil on chest hair will make it thicker or grow fuller?
12-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Using minoxidil on chest hair will make it thicker or grow fuller?
Hey while on the topic of minoxidil for beard growth on another thread, will minoxidil cause chest hair to grow or thicken? The minoxidil guide on this forum says that minoxidil can cause hair growth on other areas of the body aside from where the minoxidil is applied. So would applying minoxidil (like Rogaine) to the chest area cause thicker chest hair or more chest hair?
Genuinely interested!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Yes, minoxidil will result in thicker chest hair & more of it. Directly & indirectly!
Well, you sure seem to be on a minoxidil posting roll today after reading our detailed minoxidil guide for beard growth!

It's a good question since we've seen in this forum how minoxidil can thicken facial hair, not to mention scalp hair. So how about the rest of the hair on the body?

When minoxidil is applied directly to the chest, it (i.e. minoxidil) will yield the same hair-promoting effect as it yields in facial hair or scalp hair. Essentially, you will grow thicker chest hair with minoxidil when applied directly to the chest and assuming that you have enough follicles in there (which most men do).

Minoxidil can also encourage the thickening/growing of chest hair via an indirect effect when applied topically to the face. The skin on the face is thinner than the skin on the scalp, so minoxidil is readily absorbed when applied topically to the face (in one's quest for thicker facial hair, beard or eyebrows). The face is also laden with capillaries and vessels which can lead to some of the minoxidil (applied on the face) entering the bloodstream and then being distributed systemically (i.e. across the body), thus resulting in new hair growth or thickening in other areas of the body, as we have had reported from people who have used topical minoxidil for beard growth. Such additional growth of body hair is usually minimal and most of it will subside in the case of vellus hair (peachy hair).

For consistent growth and thickening of chest hair, then topical minoxidil on the chest is indeed the solution. How much chest hair you gain on topical minoxidil will depend on how many follicles you have, the type of hair/stage and your own genetics. If you gain extra chest hair when using minoxidil exclusively on the face for enhanced facial hair, then you have a good chance of getting some epic chest hair growth and enhancement if you apply the minoxidil on the chest area.

Remember, 5% minoxidil concentration is better than 3% for hair thickening and growth, so get any of the minoxidil-containing products in the list from our hair loss products guide (see the list in the link).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-03-2018, 11:33 AM
RE: Using minoxidil on chest hair will make it thicker or grow fuller?
Hey thank you so much for the reply!! I really was wondering about this due tot he guide mentioning the growth of body hair on other areas of the body. So I was curious to know if a direct effect would also apply to chest hair. Seems like minoxidil grows hair anywhere in the body then! Big Grin
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your words are going to help quite a few others who want more chest hair. Used to be that the trend was shaving the chest but now hairy chest are trendy lol
Thanks man I really appreciate your sharing of knowledge!
12-05-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Using minoxidil on chest hair will make it thicker or grow fuller?
Yeah, minoxidil grows some hair on the chest even if you use it on your beard only. Happened to me and I know of others who had that happen too. Not a lot mind you, just some thicker hairs that weren't there before or so I remember. I have not tried it on my chest though.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? The Kid 11 29,440 12-01-2017 09:22 AM
Last Post: AlMorr
  Chest hair removal? advice on how to remove chest hair? shaving, wax, laser treatment Alex 3 5,251 09-21-2017 05:16 AM
Last Post: ishaverma
  How to remove Ear Hair, Chest hair and leg hair for TEENS herehair 2 2,973 12-31-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian US Asian 4 4,687 12-16-2015 09:24 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c