Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Wax Makes My Hair Look Dry. Is this normal?
10-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Tongue Using Wax Makes My Hair Look Dry. Is this normal?
This is how my hair looks when using tigi bedhead wax only.

[Image: sTvIzy3.jpg]

This is how my hair looks when using tigi bedhead wax then apply little water on it using palms and fingers.

[Image: c7NdZfB.jpg]

Actually i liked the shiny look. but using water on top of wax is not okay for longer hours.

My question, is there any other wax product which makes the hair shinier than the tigi bedhead wax?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: Using Wax Makes My Hair Look Dry. Is this normal?
bump, anyone can help?
11-05-2014, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 06:45 AM by asianboy.)
Hi choco00934141,

As far as I know, most hair waxes are of matt finish. This means that the product will not make your hair look shiny at all, giving others the impression that you did not put any products in your hair. If you are looking for great shine for your hair, you are generally looking at products like pomades. Most of them provide a lot of shine, but seeing that you spike up your hair, I don't think pomade is suitable for your hairstyle.

I know of a few products from Hanz de Fuko that may interest you. They are:

1. Scheme Cream, medium hold and natural shine.
2. Hybridized Wax, medium hold and satin shine.
3. Gel Triq, extreme hold and high shine.

Which one you pick depends on how much shine you want. I believe the hold of the products mentioned above should be sufficient to keep your hair standing up for the day.

Best of luck!
11-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Yo man i am not a big of of waxes but mostly cause the curly hair i have. You should know that your hair should be damp if you want to style with wax. Dry styling is not so good so at least wet your hair a little.
If you like the shine for a wax then there is a great thread in the forum covering the Gatsby waxes. The mods discuss the shiny waxes with good feedback so check the thread out as the Gatsby waxes also allow you to style your hair again without wetting.

http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...58#pid5458

See the post number 8 in that link. If i posted the link correctly you should then be seeing the post automatically instead of browsing down the page. Its admin replying with the recommended Gatsby waxes so you know the recommendations are good.

(11-05-2014 06:44 AM)asianboy Wrote:  Hi choco00934141,

As far as I know, most hair waxes are of matt finish. This means that the product will not make your hair look shiny at all, giving others the impression that you did not put any products in your hair. If you are looking for great shine for your hair, you are generally looking at products like pomades. Most of them provide a lot of shine, but seeing that you spike up your hair, I don't think pomade is suitable for your hairstyle.

I know of a few products from Hanz de Fuko that may interest you. They are:

1. Scheme Cream, medium hold and natural shine.
2. Hybridized Wax, medium hold and satin shine.
3. Gel Triq, extreme hold and high shine.

Which one you pick depends on how much shine you want. I believe the hold of the products mentioned above should be sufficient to keep your hair standing up for the day.

Best of luck!

Dunno since Hanz de fuko doesn't have a good reputation in the forum. There are better styling waxes out there for sure, see the thread in this link for some discussion of Haz de fuko. Lots of other waxes get more discussion in the forum including the Tigi bed head wax.
11-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Wait, I thought that when using wax the hair should be dry. I am using tigi bed head wax.

I am now confused
11-16-2014, 12:20 AM
(11-15-2014 08:18 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  Wait, I thought that when using wax the hair should be dry. I am using tigi bed head wax.

I am now confused

From my point of view, it's all personal preference as to whether you style your hair when it's damp or dry. Damp will of course make it easier for you to apply the product to your hair and might give you a little more shine. Sometimes, I like to apply some wax to my damp hair and blow dry it to create a general shape of the hairstyle I want. After that, all I have to do is to apply more wax to 'lock in' the hairstyle. I don't really think there are set rules as to how to apply products, remember; everyone's hair works differently, so try and find out what works best for you. Who knows applying wax to your damp hair will make it look less dry?

Good luck. Wink
11-16-2014, 12:53 AM
i will try it now. and will post feedback
11-20-2014, 07:26 PM
I did notice that applying wax on little bit of wet hair is easier and still holds the hair for long time.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it! Cool Hair Guy 2 2,783 06-04-2015 11:23 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Is this normal? GoodHair 6 2,436 02-19-2014 02:01 PM
Last Post: Stevens
  What makes hair so special? Anton 6 2,185 06-24-2013 12:04 PM
Last Post: Anton