Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use heat tamer product with ionic flat iron to straighten hair?
03-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Use heat tamer product with ionic flat iron to straighten hair?
Is it still a good idea to use a heat tamer product to protect your hair when using an ionic flat iron to straighten your hair? I know that you guys in the forum recommend using heat tamers with flat irons but would the same apply if you use an ionic iron?

I am considering buying an ionic flatiron but I would only use the iron a couple of times per month so it would be nothing heavy. My main goal is to grow out my curls and just wear long curly hairstyles for the most part instead of flat ironed hairstyles for men. So I want to completely minimize any damage to my curls from the flat iron? Would using a heat tamer help with an ionic flat iron? Or can I avoid the heat tamer and just use the iron with peace of mind?

If it helps I'm interested in buying one of the flat irons in the following list from this thread:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...flat-irons

I have yet to decide which one from the list in that thread but after reviewing them all I think they're all great choices and satisfy my need to tame any hair damage.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2015, 05:23 AM
RE: Use heat tamer product with ionic flat iron to straighten hair?
Right i have used a flat iron in the past and every time I would hit it I would use the heat tamer. It comes in a spray so you just spray some of that on your hair and you're ready to go. I just did this because my sister told me it was the best way to flat iron. I wasn't aware that the heat tamer protected the hair, just learned of that now haha

I've moved out and live in my own flat so I can't remember the flat iron brand I used as the flat iron was from my sister. But I remember it was also that type of ionic flat iron. I know because I remember asking my sister what the heck was the 'ionic' word. The word was all over the box of the flat iron. I also remember it was an expensive one but can't remember the price. Maybe close to one hundred bucks?
The heat tamer spray worked for me and when my hair was back to natural I didn't feel like it was burned. It looked healthier when my curls went back to their shape actually.
03-29-2015, 07:33 AM
RE: Use heat tamer product with ionic flat iron to straighten hair?
If you're worried about hair damage then use a heat tamer. Like it was said in this thread already, using a heat tamer is very easy and will only take you some seconds to apply. Those seconds are worth any potential damage that you could end up doing to your hair from using the hair straightener over the long term.

If you're interested in using a heat tamer, have a look at the sticky hair products thread (here) where they recommend some of the best hair products for men including a heat tamer.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 77 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 88 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  How to straighten wavy hair MPrince 0 245 08-20-2016 08:35 AM
Last Post: MPrince
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 364 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun