Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use baby powder as dry shampoo - Read this tip
10-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Use baby powder as dry shampoo - Read this tip
Those are some great dry shampoos for men. But these types of shampoos are usually more expensive so instead you can use baby powder as a dry shampoo. With the branded dry shampoos, you are trading a higher price for convenience, when the liquid shampoos we all know about tend to be much cheaper than the other dried type of shampoo.

If you still wanna give it a go, use baby powder. Although baby powder is not marketed as a dry shampoo, it is the original and cheapest option for those looking to clean up their hair but do not have time to shower and re-style their hair. While it is not optimal for those with darker hair colors, simply sprinkle a bit on your roots and the hair framing your face, wait 2-5 minutes, and brush out. Unscented versions of baby powder are perfect for those with sensitive skin or allergies as it will leave your hair without any fragarance yet remove all dirty hair appearances.

It should be said that this is not a sure way to clean your hair but rather, a way to get your hair clean when you can't wet your hair. The baby powder is also pretty smooth on your hair so it won't dry up your hair too much or affect its texture.

A cheaper alternative and one that you can use at any time! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Use baby powder as dry shampoo - Read this tip
You've outed one of my tricks! Big Grin

I'm joking, but that's a trick I have used in the past. It works but I don't see it as a sustainable cleaning method. I'd say the baby powder shampoo trick is more for those situations where you see yourself short of shampoo or where you need to clean your hair fast without having to go to the shower or wet your hair.

Baby powder is also as safe as anything so I agree with you on the part where it's great for men with scalp irritation issues, including seborrhoeic dermatitis (although anyone with seborrhoeic dermatitis should always follow the directions of a dermatologist on what to use).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue is pure shikakai powder good ManojPrabhakaran 0 218 05-09-2016 01:55 AM
Last Post: ManojPrabhakaran
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 269 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 252 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme
  Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo not working King Mustard 1 519 09-23-2015 09:30 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum