Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunate no fade haircut
08-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Unfortunate no fade haircut
I usually get my haircut with short sides and back with a face. Then I sweep the fringe over with a quiff if that makes sense. But when I got it cut last Tuesday my guy who cuts my hair didn't so a great job with the fade. Can this be rectified you think or will I need to wait for it to grow more than it has. Any thoughts on if I can get it fixed this week or any tips on restyling?

I can't post pictures unfortunately
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Unfortunate no fade haircut
I just enabled your ability to post pictures. You can use picture uploading sites like imgur.com (no need to register, just upload and go) or imgshack.us Get the URL of the picture once uploaded and embed it here Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-03-2014, 03:07 PM
[Image: image_zps18a6729e.jpg]
08-03-2014, 03:15 PM
That looks more like an Undercut and not a fade haircut. What kind of fade where you going for? A regular fade where the fade ends at the natural hairline of the sides and back of the head (i.e. nape/ears)?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
(08-03-2014 03:15 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  That looks more like an Undercut and not a fade haircut. What kind of fade where you going for? A regular fade where the fade ends at the natural hairline of the sides and back of the head (i.e. nape/ears)?

Yeah a regular fade. I usually get a normal fade but I am not sure what an undercut is exactly. Any ideas on the best way to style my hair with this type of cut?
08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
An Undercut is a haircut where a single hair clipper length is used, as it looks to be your case. Check out our Undercut hairstyle discussion, and below are some pictures of how an Undercut looks. Notice that there is no fading of the hair (i.e. as in, it doesn't disappear as it occurs with a fade).

The Undercut below is the haircut of Marcel Nguyen.

[Image: tumblr_mddsotiNDr1rdruzpo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m83odjOcA31rcikz8o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mddsruuqZj1rdruzpo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m842inhjQO1rcx94ao1_500.jpg]

[Image: marcel_nguyen.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m8aazqldLN1rcikz8o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m83uityJFn1rsehmoo2_r1_1280.jpg]

On the other hand, this is how a fade haircut looks. Notice how the hair gradually blends into the skin as if it were disappearing. The 2picturs on the bottom row are with the fade cut.

[Image: d49ba3b44e9611e29dc322000a1f9c8f_7.jpg]

You do not need to pay to get an Undercut done like you got. Giving yourself an Undercut is super easy! All you need is a good hair clipper and perhaps an extra mirror to be able to see your head completely with ease. What you do is you pick any hair clipper number (aka clipper length or guiding comb) and stick to a single clipper number to clip all the hair on the sides and back of the head.

The money that a good hair clipper will cost will be recouped after 6 to 12 months of not visiting the barber. Essentially, by owning a good hair clipper, you will be able to retouch your Undercut in 10 minutes or less, as you will just attach whichever guiding comb you want and clip away.

A barber will charge you anywhere from 15 to 40 bucks for a regular Undercut, so why not invest a little on a hair clipper that will last you years and get your money back soon? Not only that, but you can use the hair clipper that you buy for just about any other mens haircuts that you want!

In this forum , we highly recommend to invest in a good hair clipper instead of buying a cheap one. Thus, for an excellent hair clipper that will last you years, that comes with everything you need (including plenty of lengths/guiding combs) and that is also cordless and super powerful, we highly recommend THIS hair clipper. You just can't go wrong with that bad boy!

If you still have some more budget to spare, then I recommend that you get a paneled mirror so that you can watch your head from different angles as you clip your Undercut. You do not need a paneled mirror to give yourself an Undercut, as a regular mirror in your bathroom is enough. However, a paneled mirror will make your hair clipping easier and faster to perform.

For an excellent paneled mirror that forum members have too purchased, go with THIS paneled mirror. The mirrors are magnifying, so the mirror is also great for shaving, skin care and styling your mane! Smile

08-04-2014, 04:20 AM
If I wanted this to go into a fade, would that be possible at all? I don't really want an undercut and would prefer a fade. Or would I have to wait for it to grow a lot more?
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
(08-04-2014 04:20 AM)Superk90 Wrote:  If I wanted this to go into a fade, would that be possible at all? I don't really want an undercut and would prefer a fade. Or would I have to wait for it to grow a lot more?

Yes, you can get a fade with that length. Simply tell your barber to finish the taper "to skin" (i.e. a fade). There should be no hair at the hairline of the ears and back on the head.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 254 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 185 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 209 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,991 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum