Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undercut Hairstyle minimum hair length for men?
12-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Undercut Hairstyle minimum hair length for men?
Hi,

I'm 20 years old and I recently cut my medium to long sized hair (6-7 inches) because i started to dislike it and wanted to change my style to go into the undercut hairstyle world. I usually trim my hair for like every 2 to 3 months, but recently I went to extremes and went for a n°3 trimmer on the sides and back and cut the top to like 1.7 inches.

I thought that it would be nice to make a transition rather than change my style right away, and I'm wondering at which length should I start to shape my desired haircut ? What I mean is, what's the minimum hair length for a good looking undercut hairstyle considering its trimmed hair?

Your replies are appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2017, 12:56 PM
The minimum hair length of an Undercut hairstyle is usually four inches of length.
The minimum hair length for an Undercut hairstyle is two inches, although for most hairstyles based on the Undercut, the minimum hair length is four inches.

A classic example of the minimum length for an Undercut being four inches is the case of the slicked back Undercut hairstyle. With this particular hairstyle, you'll need enough hair length to be able to pull back and sweep back your mane. Hair that's only two inches in length is a lot less malleable than hair that's four inches in length. Ergo, those Undercut hairstyles that require the hair to be swept and/or slicked flat will need at least four inches of hair length. As said, the slick-back Undercut is one example of such a hairstyle; another typical example is the Side Swept Undercut hairstyle.

As for Undercut hairstyles that can be achieved with two inches of hair length, you've got the Brush Up hairstyle and the Quiff hairstyle. You can also do a modern-based slicked back style as well as a volume-based side part. All of these hairstyles for the Undercut with two inches of hair length have the hair standing up or at an angle from the scalp, which is why they are doable with just two inches of hair.

Lastly, be aware that hair that's between two to six inches in length is regarded as medium-length hair. Hair longer than six inches in length is regarded as long hair. The Undercut is a very multi-faceted hairstyle and it can hold up long hair lengths very well as demonstrated with the man bun Undercut hairstyle.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone know what hairstyle this is called? Sleek Blade 5 441 08-02-2017 04:10 PM
Last Post: Sleek Blade
Question Looking to get a shorter hairstyle. Will this hairstyle work with my hair/face? Maedor 0 130 07-24-2017 12:41 AM
Last Post: Maedor
  Help me choose right hairstyle dalacast15 2 665 07-17-2017 05:05 AM
Last Post: NeedHelpImANoob
  Johnny Depp 1988 Hairstyle Kakatoes 3 338 06-09-2017 07:30 AM
Last Post: Kakatoes