Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undercut Hairstyle Product for Natural Dry Hair, Need Help!
08-08-2015, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 10:25 PM by The1HairThatWontStay.)
Photo Undercut Hairstyle Product for Natural Dry Hair, Need Help!
I have an undercut and I use pomade to style the hair on the top but it always looks shiny. I want my hair to look dry/natural but stay in place. What product can I use to achieve that effect?

I would've posted a pic of the exact style I'm going for but I'm a new user so I can't post links, sorry.

Edit: 50 views and not one reply.. really? C'mon help a guy out....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Undercut Hairstyle Product for Natural Dry Hair, Need Help!
Hello I went ahead and upgraded your account so that you can post a picture. Usually it's best to post a picture so we can have an idea of what hair product will suit you. Please take into account that being August, some of the forum barbers are on holiday and those who aren't are working at their barbershops covering their buds so August is always a bit of a slow month. We do check all posts so eventually you will most likely get an answer.

About your question, have you considered a hair wax? These days hair waxes for men have a lot of the good things that pomades offer. With hair wax you can get a natural texture way easier than with a pomade. Same goes for a dry texture.

If you're still interested in a pomade then see this pomade advice in the post describing the Suavecito pomade vs the Layrite pomade by one of our other admins (you've probably read many of his posts, he's on holidays right now from the last time I heard from him although he should be back any time. He's the one who spends the whole day here). Get the Suavecito pomade in that post in the link I just posted as the Suaveito pomade gives a more natural texture compared to other pomades.

It goes without saying that a water based pomade will work the best for a natural and drier look. The Suavecito pomade recommended above is a water based pomade so it will do the job very well. It does have a slight shine which you may not want. In that case it's best that you use a hair wax.

For a good hair wax to use on a slicked back undercut, go with the TIGI hair wax. See this review of the TIGI hair wax by a forum moderator as that TIGI hair wax has a matte finish, so it will not give you any shine. It does have a decent hold and it will give you a natural and drier undercut hair texture.
08-10-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: Undercut Hairstyle Product for Natural Dry Hair, Need Help!
Panther.. Thanks for your reply and the review links! I'll def pick up some wax and give Suavecito a try. Really appreciate it! Thanks for updating my account too..

Pic below is the style I'm going for.. Hoping to get there with just product but I'm wondering if maybe I have to blow dry first?
[Image: 48XwjEH.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need help to achieve hairstyle - Alan Wilder from Depeche Mode oliharps01 0 171 10-18-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: oliharps01
  2016 Hair Styles For When The Undercut Dies The1HairThatWontStay 8 5,224 08-02-2016 02:14 PM
Last Post: johnfederico786
  Growing out undercut TenMess 0 635 05-29-2016 06:22 AM
Last Post: TenMess
  Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy thickheadedandhaired 3 1,368 05-02-2016 04:24 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi