Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread
10-05-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread
Wow, is all I can say, EmreYOrhan! Looks super good buddy. And you've done the hairstyle initially intended (in the early 20th century) for an Undercut which is a slicked back hairstyle.

Congratulations! I'm so happy our forum helped you get a great haircut Smile . Keep us updated in any other hairstyle you want to get done or for retouching your Undercut!

(10-05-2013 04:27 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  sure, I did fade out the face, I might get more comfortable posting my face with it over time.

[Image: 1zz2jyq.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 03:06 PM by SAMCRO.)
(10-05-2013 01:40 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Wow, is all I can say, EmreYOrhan! Looks super good buddy. And you've done the hairstyle initially intended (in the early 20th century) for an Undercut which is a slicked back hairstyle.

Congratulations! I'm so happy our forum helped you get a great haircut Smile . Keep us updated in any other hairstyle you want to get done or for retouching your Undercut!

Thank you for the compliment!, happy to hear it looks good Smile, I definitely have some different styles that I want to try out when the sides grow out a little, and I'll ask you guys for help.

Quick question, don't know if it is the right thread to post it in though. One side of my hair wants to part on its own, this never happened to me, never had a side that wanted to part. I believe it started around three weeks ago when I wore caps from time to time. What could I do to get it back to normal. It is only really visible when you look at my hair from the top. Here is a pic. (I believe this is called a cowlick) It's at my right eye, so it's to the left when looking at the pic.

[Image: 2j465uv.jpg]
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Now thats a good haircut mate (EmreYOrhan).
It also suits your hair type. The undercut like TMHF pointed out was used as a military haircut to be slicked back.
Good stuff now go and impress the lasses!

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
(10-05-2013 03:05 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  Thank you for the compliment!, happy to hear it looks good Smile...

Better you open a thread mate, youve 10+ posts so you can now open threads. Just copy paste your message there if you dont wanna change anything from this original post.
Will take a look, cheers

10-05-2013, 03:24 PM
(10-05-2013 03:06 PM)Barber Wrote:  Now thats a good haircut mate (EmreYOrhan).
It also suits your hair type. The undercut like TMHF pointed out was used as a military haircut to be slicked back.

Thanks man!, my hair is actually curly, it get's this straight when I blowdry/straighten my hair. But I love straight hair so that's what I do. New thread opened btw.
10-05-2013, 03:48 PM
(10-05-2013 03:24 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 03:06 PM)Barber Wrote:  Now thats a good haircut mate (EmreYOrhan).

Thanks man!, my hair is actually curly, it get's this straight when I blowdry/straighten my hair. But I love straight hair so that's what I do. New thread opened btw.

Just replied there mate. Cheers

10-05-2013, 04:21 PM
(10-03-2013 03:58 AM)meghanbrian939 Wrote:  Haircut will depend according to your face. Its upto you how you want to give new look to yourself. Hair extension or artificial hair is a good accessory for those who want to add shine, length and volume to their natural crowning glory. Thin and short hair is not suitable for all kinds of hair style. Furthermore, people with very thin hair often suffer lack of confidence at social events, and interview boards.

P.S I'm a spammer, that's why I got banned. And because I'm a spammer, the company I work for and help spam has now been reported to the authorities

haha classic P.S Big Grin

(10-05-2013 04:27 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  sure, I did fade out the face, I might get more comfortable posting my face with it over time.

Have to agree thats a nice haircut Cool
10-07-2013, 06:36 AM
(10-05-2013 04:21 PM)Stevens Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 03:58 AM)meghanbrian939 Wrote:  Haircut will depend according to your face. Its upto you how you want to give new look to yourself. Hair extension or artificial hair is a good accessory for those who want to add shine, length and volume to their natural crowning glory. Thin and short hair is not suitable for all kinds of hair style. Furthermore, people with very thin hair often suffer lack of confidence at social events, and interview boards.

P.S I'm a spammer, that's why I got banned. And because I'm a spammer, the company I work for and help spam has now been reported to the authorities

haha classic P.S Big Grin

Have to agree thats a nice haircut Cool

thanks buddy!, inspired by Jake GyllenhaalSmile
10-10-2013, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 04:33 AM by Niebuhr.)
I'm not usually a fan of the undercut, I think it makes most guys look old before their time. Probably because I associate it with my grandparents.

But in this case I'm happy to change my opinion and to agree with everyone else: very nice job indeed! Seems to suit you very well.
10-10-2013, 04:51 AM
(10-10-2013 04:27 AM)Niebuhr Wrote:  I'm not usually a fan of the undercut, I think it makes most guys look old before their time. Probably because I associate it with my grandparents.

But in this case I'm happy to change my opinion and to agree with everyone else: very nice job indeed! Seems to suit you very well.

awesome thanks!!
10-10-2013, 08:36 PM
(10-10-2013 04:27 AM)Niebuhr Wrote:  I'm not usually a fan of the undercut, I think it makes most guys look old before their time. Probably because I associate it with my grandparents.

The Undercut was a military hairstyle in the Second World War so that's why you probably associate it with your grandparents. The Undercut is now trendy and fashionable with 20-something males, the same way that the high and tight haircut has also being fashionable e.g. in the homosexual community, the high and tight haircut is very trendy Smile (and a big hi to all our homosexual readers! Wink)

So yeah, simply experiment, that's what this forum is for, to get some ideas going. It's just hair, you can always cut it and start again!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Thinking about getting an undercut, but I don't really like my hair too long.
10-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Is my hair long enough to pull this off?

Or can I even pull this off?

Old pic of me:
[Image: 562460_390358024338754_765429376_n.jpg]

Pic of me now:
[Image: 131016-161201_zps845f7fd5.jpg]
10-18-2013, 01:20 PM
(10-16-2013 09:10 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  Thinking about getting an undercut, but I don't really like my hair too long.

You can get a good Undercut with only 3 inches of length, don't need the hair to be long for the Undercut to look good.

(10-16-2013 02:18 PM)AF2013 Wrote:  Is my hair long enough to pull this off?

Or can I even pull this off?

Old pic of me:
[Image: 562460_390358024338754_765429376_n.jpg]

Pic of me now:
[Image: 131016-161201_zps845f7fd5.jpg]

In your case you need a bit more hair length, another inch. So wait 2 months of growing the hair without cutting it, then do the Undercut and slick the hair back.

10-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Nice Undercut hairstyle from some dude named Hob Harper, the trainer for The Biggest Loser. Bob Harper's fitness advice is downright awful, but at least he has a nice Undercut

[Image: Harper_MF_cover.jpg]

10-31-2013, 03:57 PM
(10-31-2013 01:14 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Nice Undercut hairstyle from some dude named Hob Harper, the trainer for The Biggest Loser. Bob Harper's fitness advice is downright awful, but at least he has a nice Undercut

[Image: Harper_MF_cover.jpg]

Yea this undercut looks pretty cool...
11-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Is the undercut a good hair style to go for if you thining on the top of you head? I'm interested in going for an undercut but I'm thining on the top of my head down to the middle of my fringe.
11-01-2013, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 04:21 AM by Barber.)
(11-01-2013 04:02 AM)jonx06 Wrote:  Is the undercut a good hair style to go for if you thining on the top of you head? I'm interested in going for an undercut but I'm thining on the top of my head down to the middle of my fringe.

It depends.
If you have a balding spot forming already on the back of your head, then no. If you're only thinning on the temples but still have enough hair that others dont't know youre losing hair, then yes get an undercut but dont slick the hair back, slick the hair to the side instead.

11-01-2013, 05:44 AM
(11-01-2013 04:02 AM)jonx06 Wrote:  Is the undercut a good hair style to go for if you thining on the top of you head? I'm interested in going for an undercut but I'm thining on the top of my head down to the middle of my fringe.

Like Barber said below, it depends on your progression of the hair loss.

If you only have your temples receding, then yes you can do an Undercut but either part the hair to the side with some volume (finger part with a hair dryer) or to do the Hover hairstyle (LOL we have to patent this hairstyle in the forum) which is nothing more than a messy hairstyle having the hair discretely hover over the temples Smile

11-01-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't really have a balding spot that you can notice straight away but because I know it's there it's all I see. It's not thining at the back its from around the middle of the top of my head straight down to the middle of the fringe but as I said its not that noticeable it just annoys me . I could put some pictures up to help show what it's like? Would it be ok to post them here or would I have to do it else where?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Short Haircuts for Men - Guide with Pictures, Tips and Advice TheMensHairForum 21 492,701 Today 04:50 AM
Last Post: Ilovehairstyle
  Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut advice Alex 37 289,368 02-20-2017 12:34 AM
Last Post: AllanSanders
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 16 25,850 07-31-2016 11:40 PM
Last Post: Kiddfresh
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 120,696 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight